Cultural Factors in integrated assessment report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CompleteUnknown

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working on an integrated assessment report for a practicum and have been instructed to include a section on the cultural factors at play for the client, and how they impact the presenting concern, influenced your diagnostic label, etc. In other words, beyond merely reporting demographics.

Does anyone have a relevant template or example to share?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll sometimes add a "Cultural Considerations" header and add a few lines about the most important aspects. In a clinical document used for consultation and treatment recs I stick to the bullet points, though for a training experience you may want to be more deliberate and lay out all of the areas you considered.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm working on an integrated assessment report for a practicum and have been instructed to include a section on the cultural factors at play for the client, and how they impact the presenting concern, influenced your diagnostic label, etc. In other words, beyond merely reporting demographics.

Does anyone have a relevant template or example to share?

Thank you!

Similarly to what Therapist4Change posted, if relevant I have either (1) included a section with Social, Environmental, and Cultural Considerations or (2) Simply integrated these considerations into my formulation without labeling. In terms of templates, if you don't already have the book, I really enjoyed "Clinical Case Formulations" by Ingram. It has several helpful models of integrative reports.