Cumulative GPA vs Cumulative Undergrad All Other GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

I recently calculated my AMCAS gpa with a calculator from SDN. I noticed that there are two different cumulative Undergrad gpas. My cumulative undergrad gpa is a 3.65 and cumulative undergrad all other gpa is a 3.7. I know it's not much of a difference but which one do medical schools consider? Or both? Just trying to figure out an accurate LM score.

Appreciate any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hm I think it's science gpa plus all other gpa (nonscience) equals cumulative gpa. sGPA+nsGPA=cGPA.
I think it is sGPA and cGPA that is used for reference, and these are examinedd as yearly GPA's, so you'll have these GPA's for each year (freshman GPA, sophmoore GPA, etc.)

You'll be bequeathed several GPAs if you only did undergraduate work

BCPM
AO (everything not BCPM)
Total/Cumulative -- BCPM + AO (weighted by units)

Medical schools consider all of them in context of each other, and the rest of your application. If you had to have a trend, the best would be balance (though all of them should obviously be high), but IMO: BCPM > cumulative > AO. In your case, you're fine either way as they're good and not statistically different.
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf

BTW
During my interviews schools tended to bring up my BCPM more than anything else (actually, no other grades came up other than BCPM). But, this should be obvious, by the time you're interviewed you've past the "are you smart enough" bar.

Last edited:
Oh ok that makes sense! Thank you for your help.

Reactions: 1 user