Cumulative GPA vs. Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Irrizistuble

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.4 sGPA: 3.7

I am in the opposite position of most people who have a lower sGPA. When I look at some schools with average acceptances of a 3.5 cGPA and 3.3 sGPA, how am I being compared (ignoring DAT scores)? My cGPA is slightly lower but my sGPA is so much higher. Does this put me at any sort of advantage? Or is cumulative GPA a much bigger factor after DATS?

Members don't see this ad.

i would think that u'd be at about the same position without considering dat scores

cGPA: 3.4 sGPA: 3.7

I am in the opposite position of most people who have a lower sGPA. When I look at some schools with average acceptances of a 3.5 cGPA and 3.3 sGPA, how am I being compared (ignoring DAT scores)? My cGPA is slightly lower but my sGPA is so much higher. Does this put me at any sort of advantage? Or is cumulative GPA a much bigger factor after DATS?

:rolleyes: I think that gives you some kind of advantage. A 3.7 is very respectable and a 3.4 isn't the end of the world. BRING IT UP IN your PS!! If you get a chance in your interviews, BRING IT UP!! Talk about how you enjoy the challenge of science classes or something like that. Why did you excel in those vs. others? These are great things to talk about it your PS!!