Curiosity: how many of you adcoms know who we are?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Strangely creepy question...but how often can you identify applicants on sdn?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Inverting the question: Pretty sure a poster could easily identify Goro. Just using junk i've seen him post here and there I can't imagine theres more than ~10ish people in the country that fit the bill.

Volunteering info about yourself online is scary. One of the reasons that MDapps creeps me out. People should reconsider how open they are online, myself included.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
It's pretty obvious at this point if they bothered to check, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've only identified one SDN poster in all this time... guy PM'ed me and asked if he should wear his military uniform to an interview. Two days later I interviewed a guy in a military uniform whose application fit the description of the person who had PMed me. (This was 8-9 years ago.) He got in to every school he interviewed at.... superstar.

Reactions: 13 users
I've identified 4 medical students because they PMed me and then applied to our program. But, all of them had <100 post counts and weren't exactly hiding. At least 3-4 people have PMed asking if I am so and so. I didn't really hide who I was when I started on SDN so it isn't particularly surprising. I've made a conscious effort to be a little more diligent about hiding my identity the last year or so.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a sdn lapel pin and I wonder what would happen if I wore it on interview day. Of course, it is lower case and if it rotates upside down it looks like ups which could confuse the hell out of people.

Reactions: 19 users
:arghh: Please don't judge me based on my posts when I apply in three years :joyful: Thanks!

They are watching me!!!

Reactions: 2 users
:arghh: Please don't judge me based on my posts when I apply in three years :joyful: Thanks!

They are watching me!!!
This is why I want to stay anonymous :laugh: My first name is literally in my user name.

Strangely creepy question...but how often can you identify applicants on sdn?

I would like to think, perhaps naively, that the adcoms on here have far more important things to do than figure out who we are. Please tell me it is so :) :) (Though I know that a couple of you know I know who you know I know who I am or might plausibly be you know).

;)

I redacted my middle and last name on all official and government documents. Good luck adcoms. I am Dr. Ron