Current Dental Students of Loma vs UCLA vs UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emminent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's your experience and opinion on these three schools. I've gotten accepted to all but have a difficult time. I've read past post but just want an update on current dental students here.

How was your experience with your class in terms of competitiveness and cooperative with one another. Although I know each class varies from one to the other, I still believe there is a minor difference.

What do you like about your curriculum and what makes it difficult?

What would you advise before and during your time in dental school?

And lastly, how did you maintain your relationship (e.g. girlfriend) while balancing dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Imo, UCLA = UCSF > LLU due to cost, location and the fact that you can specialize more easily coming out of UCLA or UCSF. Pick based on whether you want to live in Northern California or Southern California.

Would you say specializing opportunities are equal in either UCLA or UCSF? or is one slightly better than the other. To me, during my visit to UCSF students seem more friendly and welcoming. They aren't as cutthroat either. Just my observation.

Members don't see this ad :)
More people specialize coming out of UCLA, but there are also more people that apply to specialty. In general, UCSF students seem happier but this is not because UCLA is cutthroat, it is more related to the poor patient pool and strict graduation requirements we have in clinic. The first two years of didactics were fine, everyone shares notes and helps each other for classes.

Thanks for clearing that up UCLADDS2015. What advice would you give for students before entering/during dental school?