Current GME data accurate for DO Ophtho?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuccaDO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for responses!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DO ophthalmology prpgrams are way more concerned with you doing an away with them than comlex scores......I know a guy with a 680 who hasnt gotten any interview invites from ophtho programs bc he didnt do any aways, that guy would be me

Reactions: 1 user
DO ophthalmology prpgrams are way more concerned with you doing an away with them than comlex scores......I know a guy with a 680 who hasnt gotten any interview invites from ophtho programs bc he didnt do any aways, that guy would be me

appreciate the response

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't apply DO ophtho, but it isn't it very early? Didn't apps get send out like Monday?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/osteopathic-ophthalmology.894960/
Interviews
Interviews go out in late November, December, and January. Be cognizant of this timeline when scheduling rotations. Some programs do not send out any interviews, and a rotation is essentially required to be considered. Others will only interview those that do not rotate with the program, and the rotation serves as the interview. For those sites that do have an interview process, there may be some medical knowledge questions (multiple choice test), fine motor skill testing, and checking your visual acuity - in addition to the basic interview questions and routine.