Current Pharmacy Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dx9xd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have an interview Friday and am super nervous they might bring up pharmacy issues I am unaware of. Can anyone fill me in on some current ethical, social, or legislative issues in health care and pharmacy that I should be knowledgeable about? :writer:

Members don't see this ad.

Just talk about provider status and amb care being the future and they will probably let you in.

Reactions: 1 user
Lolll :rofl: thanks, I read up on provider status, will look more into amb care now...

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of interview is this? Unless you are applying for a job at a pharmacy association, I can't imagine you will be asked any questions like that. If you are apply retail, you will be asked stuff like--how cheap will you for us for, when can you start working, and are you qualified to give immunizations? If you apply hospital, you will be asked stuff like--do you know how to make IV's, would you work any holiday & any shift, and according to several members here, how would you convert argatroban to warfarin?

Reactions: 1 user
according to several members here, how would you convert argatroban to warfarin?

I'm glad I didn't get any questions like that when I interviewed fresh out of school. I would probably check Lexicomp and follow whatever recommendations I could find there. You know, like I do for anything I'm not familiar with.

edit: although a lot of people seem to be uncomfortable with that. I work in peds and it's not uncommon to get a call from other institutions asking about dosing for pediatric patients. The dose will be something like Rocephin 50 mg/kg once daily, actual dose of 500 mg. The recommended dosing is 50 mg/kg once daily, not to exceed 2g. It's right there written in black and white, yet I still get the call. I guess I should be honored to be considered such a valuable clinical resource.