current SMP student with interview invite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nohatehere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I recently received an interview invite for medical school, I am very excited and grateful. I would like to schedule my interview day as soon as can but I am not sure which day to choose.
I am in a situation where I am currently in a SMP (Certificate rather) program and would like to ideally be at a point where I can show the school my grades from the program (I do not think I will be retaking the MCAT), which would mean I should choose an interview date much later in the year, possibly early next year even.

That said, I am getting a vibe that there is a relatively large volume of interview invites for this particular school and since this is rolling admissions, I'm not sure if it would be more advantageous for me to secure an early interview date, and hope they would, at the LEAST, put me on hold after the interview until my SMP fall grades are in.

Anybody with insight on this would be much much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,
I recently received an interview invite for medical school, I am very excited and grateful. I would like to schedule my interview day as soon as can but I am not sure which day to choose.
I am in a situation where I am currently in a SMP (Certificate rather) program and would like to ideally be at a point where I can show the school my grades from the program (I do not think I will be retaking the MCAT), which would mean I should choose an interview date much later in the year, possibly early next year even.

That said, I am getting a vibe that there is a relatively large volume of interview invites for this particular school and since this is rolling admissions, I'm not sure if it would be more advantageous for me to secure an early interview date, and hope they would, at the LEAST, put me on hold after the interview until my SMP fall grades are in.

Anybody with insight on this would be much much appreciated.

Earlier interviews are MUCH more advantageous. I would suggest doing it as soon as you can.

Getting an interview is not an admissions lock of course. However, it usually means that the school wants to meet you and would potentially be okay with the accomplishments you already have. I have heard that interviews basically mean that your MCAT, gpa, and other accomplishments are at least sufficient enough that they would consider giving you an acceptance. I'm sure they invite some people who straddle that fence, but this is a chance to go and really impress them. Schedule ASAP and rock the interview. And good luck!

Oh, and if you end up being on a waitlist, your fall SMP grades will be the perfect thing to send to them with an update letter that might help you get an acceptance.

Last edited: