Currently at top 5 US med school - want to live in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ialwayslose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am currently at a good medical school and I am doing fine. It would be pretty reasonable and attainable for me to land in a pretty good residency program in any specialty within the United States. Unfortunately, apart from the fact that you earn more money, the US/Canada ****ing sucks and the people/culture/lackthereof drives me up the wall.

I am a US citizen, but I also have EU citizenship which should qualify me for "work" anywhere in the EU.

I was wondering what my options were as far as practicing medicine in the EU in the future. More specifically, how possible is it to

1) Obtain said US residency training at said good US institution in said good specialty and then after a few years of practice in the US, MOVE TO THE EU AND PRACTICE THERE.
2) Obtain training in another country (would probably have to be in the UK or at some random English speaking institution) and stay there

BRB gonna go look at instagram. Just kidding. But thank you all for your advice in advance.

Members don't see this ad.