Currently post-bac??? Need some Advice..Please Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicoley90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, well basically i have received a D in lecture and a F in physics 1 lab. I was just planing on taking over just the lab and keeping the D. Since, I am currently in Physics 2 right now and I an on track to get between a B and B-. I am currently a post-bac student hoping to apply for this cycle. My overall gpa before post- bac was roughly a 3.1 and sGPA: maybe a 3.0. Now, I feel as though it may be the same or slightly higher. Too get an understanding on my current grades you can take a look here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/help-should-i-just-wait-till-next-cycle-to-apply-attached-transcripts.1116342/#post-16076381. So can someone please give me some advice on what I should do??? It would greatly be appericated!!

Members don't see this ad.

A D won't satisfy the prerequisite requirement.

This, and also a D/F in a heavily weighted course such as physics will likely tank your sgpa. :( I'm actually surprised your school let you move on to physics 2, as the school I went to would not let you enroll if you received below a C in the prerequisite course.

What's your question? It seems like you have done poorly in almost all of your post-bac work.

You need to stop taking classes you can't pass.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say retake the classes you have received a D or an F. Work with a tutor or any other external assistance. If you want Med school bad enough you will do what you need to do. The road is not gonna be easy but you will get it!!! Many Blessings!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to stop taking classes you can't pass.
Yes, and not getting A's is doing damage on top of the prior damage.

Put the shovel down, OP. The price of admission to med/dent/PA training is academic excellence measured by GPA. You might still end up a doctor down the road, but not the way you're going about it now.

My advice: back up and regroup. Go get a job and put some years between your current academic capabilities and the capabilities you might have when you're older. Med school will still be around.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Either fix your deficits or develop a Plan B. You're supposed to ace a post-bac. This is how you show us you can handle medical school. So far, you haven't done that.

OK, well basically i have received a D in lecture and a F in physics 1 lab. I was just planing on taking over just the lab and keeping the D. Since, I am currently in Physics 2 right now and I an on track to get between a B and B-. I am currently a post-bac student hoping to apply for this cycle. My overall gpa before post- bac was roughly a 3.1 and sGPA: maybe a 3.0. Now, I feel as though it may be the same or slightly higher. Too get an understanding on my current grades you can take a look here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/help-should-i-just-wait-till-next-cycle-to-apply-attached-transcripts.1116342/#post-16076381. So can someone please give me some advice on what I should do??? It would greatly be appericated!!

Either fix your deficits or develop a Plan B. You're supposed to ace a post-bac. This is how you show us you can handle medical school. So far, you haven't done that.

If someone takes a couple pre recs after graduating, lets say like 2, would that still be considered a "post bacc"?

if the answer is that taking 2 classes after graduation is still technically considered "post bacc", would one B (Lets say in Biochem) sink a post bacc student? If so, would it be better to just extend undergrad?

Anything after graduation is post-bac. A B in two courses isn't going to hurt. What we look at in post-bac work is what's being done to either take the pre-reqs (in someone switching careers) or someone doing GPA repair.

If someone takes a couple pre recs after graduating, lets say like 2, would that still be considered a "post bacc"?

if the answer is that taking 2 classes after graduation is still technically considered "post bacc", would one B (Lets say in Biochem) sink a post bacc student? If so, would it be better to just extend undergrad?

I was getting D's and F's and C's as well. After graduating I had a job and was having difficulty. I was diagnosed with ADHD, inattentive type, and currently medication for it. I am taking post-bacc courses and am getting all A's. Perhaps you could look into that, especially if you are trying hard?