About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curriculum vitae

Discussion in 'ERAS and the NRMP Match' started by daisygirl, Jun 29, 2005.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. daisygirl

daisygirl woof

SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi everyone-

An attending that I had worked with during third year asked me for my CV in order to write my letter of recommendation. As I don't have a CV yet, I was hoping that someone on this site could recommend websites that they found useful when writing their CV.

Writing a CV has me pretty nervous especially since I didn't do anything other than studying for med school the past couple of years :oops:
  2. debvz

debvz Wandering Spleen

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    When ERAS opens, you will input your activities, honors, publications, etc into that system. There's an option to view and print this info in CV format. It doesnt look as professional or organized as one that you do yourself (cant indent, bullet, etc), but it's simple to do.

It's also helpful to supply your letter writers with a copy of your personal statement and transcripts/test scores.

Good luck.
  3. julestx

julestx Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    go to google and type in "sample" "cv"
  4. b&ierstiefel

b&ierstiefel Guest

Non-Student
    First Aid for the Match has some good examples of sample CVs. Your CV will vary in structure and length depending on your strengths. You don't need to buy the book but just go to the bookstore, check out the sample CVs, and jot down some nizzotes!