CVS 2014 bonus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

az101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any one heard about 2014 CVS bonus? When I look online there is no plan document for 2014. My boss thought the bonuses were increasing. Someone else said eliminated. Completely. Anyone ever see a plan document? Or is it market dependent? What bout 2015?

Members don't see this ad.

The plan is changing at least for pharmacy managers with increased bonuses for beating targets. But I've never seen a plan document just heard vague promises of big numbers so I'm not holding my breath. Not sure for staff RPH

But they are definitely not eliminated because we got an email from the rx sup saying what date they would be paid out on... For staff and RX managers

Members don't see this ad :)
The 2014
Has any one heard about 2014 CVS bonus? When I look online there is no plan document for 2014. My boss thought the bonuses were increasing. Someone else said eliminated. Completely. Anyone ever see a plan document? Or is it market dependent? What bout 2015?

The 2014 bonus is exactly the same as the 2013 bonus guideline so you can go off that.

Bonuses are not market dependent. It is position dependent...

Thanks for the help. It looks like most of my district won't be getting raises this year. Since the highest store has a sos of 3.2. Everyone else is below. I was at least hoping for a bigger bonus like had been "promised". But it was never in writing. Oh well. Maybe I should just do mine job and not worry about unrealistic metrics.

1 other thing. Why even try to meet script budget? All corporate does is try to undermine this. They call my patients have them switched to 90 day supplies. Now 1 see the customer 4 times a year instead of 12. Corporate wins and I lose. I lost lots of customers and bonus last year that way.

Reactions: 1 user
1 other thing. Why even try to meet script budget? All corporate does is try to undermine this. They call my patients have them switched to 90 day supplies. Now 1 see the customer 4 times a year instead of 12. Corporate wins and I lose. I lost lots of customers and bonus last year that way.
Those are supposed to count as 3rx's for metric purposes.

Thanks for the help. It looks like most of my district won't be getting raises this year. Since the highest store has a sos of 3.2. Everyone else is below. I was at least hoping for a bigger bonus like had been "promised". But it was never in writing. Oh well. Maybe I should just do mine job and not worry about unrealistic metrics.

This year was an anomaly for the chain. Most stores were meeting script count until December. I do not know if they will factor this into the bonus or not. I have seen times where they take out a month....

The average bonus for a PIC is 2-3k.... depending on metrics.

I have received up to 10k as a bonus. This was during express scripts/ Wags fall out and the year after.

The key is the scripts... by raising it one percent, you can increase your bonus by a few thousand. There are ways to drive scripts including KPM, and filling "OTCs". In fact, I insist on filling all aspirins, docusates, MVI, Iron, etc. I tell customers looking at vitamins or diabetic testing supplies that if they get a script, it might be covered under their insurances. I also upsell a lot when customers come in. I ask them if they want to fill x, y, and Z while they are here.

For me, I am in a higher volume so filling extra scripts does not affect me.

Keep in mind that even if you have a low SOS, if you are making scripts (like 10 percent over), you will be getting a good bonus. Only 30 percent of SOS is factored into the bonus (20 percent scripts, and 10 percent KPM).

So AncientBon who claims their store is filling 25 percent more scripts will get a really nice bonus... especially if she is in a higher volume store. If Ancientbon was PIC, his bonus might be 15k.

They were suppose to introduce a new bonus structure that pays the PIC out a lot more... but I don't know what happen to that.

Last edited:
One thing I can tell you from experience is that the bonus is capped at 10% over budget for scripts which really sucks if you have a blowout year. Luckily this year we hit 10% over and are max tier so bonus should look pretty nice.

Yes my store has been very busy as our main competitor ( wags) no longer takes a very popular medicaid hmo. So we are getting all of those patients.

By the way i go by the kmi report on radar .i am not sure how accurate it is

I can tell you that nobody is getting 18k as a bonus LOL.

I do 5,000 a week. I met all my targets for every possible metric and exceeded most in 2014. The bonus for the year is 15,000. I get half of that (7,500) and my other 4 RPhs share the other 7,500. So after taxes I get like 3,500 and they all get $900...

It's like getting paid twice in one week. Not that great.

I do 5,000 a week. I met all my targets for every possible metric and exceeded most in 2014. The bonus for the year is 15,000. I get half of that (7,500) and my other 4 RPhs share the other 7,500. So after taxes I get like 3,500 and they all get $900...

The bonus does not work that way. The PIC bonus and the staff bonus have different calculations..... Same numbers, lover payout for the staff pharmacist. There is no pool to split as you suggest......

Members don't see this ad :)
How does it work then? I thought it was 40% SOS, 30% scripts, 20% MYCE and 10% courteous and professional....

As someone else had mentioned, you do not know of what you speak. So please don't post misinformation. I have friends that work for all the chains and I have never heard of this "bonus pool" that has to be split between your staff.

If that's the case then I'm getting $18k since I met all my bonuses LOL

I don't have it in front of me. I think the bonus this year is

• % scripts over budget
  • MCE
  • KPM
There is a chart that you get that shows your bonus at the coordinates of your performance on the y axis and your volume grouping on the x axis. Where they meet is the bonus for each category. There are different charts for PIC and staff pharmacist. I could be wrong about the three items but scripts VS budget is your biggest driver. You get an amount for each category and add them together to get your total bonus.

By the way, meeting your numbers does not get the big payout. You need to exceed your numbers.

In August our MCE was 3 points over goal..RX over budget was ridiculous...and KPM was also good. We were all in line to get some fat checks. Then the PIC got a new job, my sup moved the daytime RPh (who is fantastic) to another store, all of the techs except for 1 quit, and by the end of the year we were getting MCEs in the 50s. We got anther decent RPh in the mean time, but she quit, too.

People are quitting left and right. There are a lot of jobs out there for people with experience. My boss is starting to realize that, I think.

I would have got you an accurate number last night.... but the website is going through maintenance. If you can post your data, I will get you your bonus for 2014...

In August our MCE was 3 points over goal..RX over budget was ridiculous...and KPM was also good. We were all in line to get some fat checks. Then the PIC got a new job, my sup moved the daytime RPh (who is fantastic) to another store, all of the techs except for 1 quit, and by the end of the year we were getting MCEs in the 50s. We got anther decent RPh in the mean time, but she quit, too.

People are quitting left and right. There are a lot of jobs out there for people with experience. My boss is starting to realize that, I think.

That sucks....

I have always said that the market is not saturated for people who have experience....

I also find that when ever a PIC leaves, a lot of other people especially the techs leave. I always say, the techs work for the pharmacists... not for the company.

anyone know when will the bonus be on the paycheck? i need to know if its before chinese new years. ^^

I hear one HMO in some parts of NY will not work at Walgreens anymore. So if you live through it with CVS, should be nice payout next spring.

I don't really care for the bonus much. I know few years back they were also writing people up if SOS was <3.0. So there was limited bonus, no raise, plus a write up. Sweet.

If you exceed all of your targets....

Scripts over 10 percent to budget,
MCE, KPM at target,

Your bonus will be 15k.

Your staff pharmacist will get 7.5k EACH.

For a 5k store, I am assuming there are 4 day time, and 2 night pharmacists. The store total payout should be 52.5k... for pharmacy.

I have not met a PIC who got 15k.... I got 10k most for two years as PIC at a 4k volume store.

MCE, KPM at target,

Your bonus will be 15k.

For a 5k store, I am assuming there are 4 day time, and 2 night pharmacists. The store total payout should be 52.5k... for pharmacy.

I have not met a PIC who got 15k.... I got 10k most for two years as PIC at a 4k volume store.

We were told that bonuses for PICs were going way up in 2014 with more stock options as well to further incentivize the PIC position. Never got more details.

This year was an anomaly for the chain. Most stores were meeting script count until December. I do not know if they will factor this into the bonus or not. I have seen times where they take out a month....

The average bonus for a PIC is 2-3k.... depending on metrics.

I have received up to 10k as a bonus. This was during express scripts/ Wags fall out and the year after.

The key is the scripts... by raising it one percent, you can increase your bonus by a few thousand. There are ways to drive scripts including KPM, and filling "OTCs". In fact, I insist on filling all aspirins, docusates, MVI, Iron, etc. I tell customers looking at vitamins or diabetic testing supplies that if they get a script, it might be covered under their insurances. I also upsell a lot when customers come in. I ask them if they want to fill x, y, and Z while they are here.

For me, I am in a higher volume so filling extra scripts does not affect me.

Keep in mind that even if you have a low SOS, if you are making scripts (like 10 percent over), you will be getting a good bonus. Only 30 percent of SOS is factored into the bonus (20 percent scripts, and 10 percent KPM).

So AncientBon who claims their store is filling 25 percent more scripts will get a really nice bonus... especially if she is in a higher volume store. If Ancientbon was PIC, his bonus might be 15k.

They were suppose to introduce a new bonus structure that pays the PIC out a lot more... but I don't know what happen to that.

If current trend continues ,i will get a huge bonus . Was over budget by 24 percent for this week without today script. I am not a pic. My store averages 23000 a week

We were told that bonuses for PICs were going way up in 2014 with more stock options as well to further incentivize the PIC position. Never got more details.

I heard that too but it never materialize...

although we now have stock options every year vs every other year.

If you do 5,000 per week you are level 8:

Your bonus will be before taxes:

• 10% over Scripts/Budget: $13,500.00
  • Meets KPM (77-82).......: $ 750.00
  • MCE Target...................: $1,000.00
  • C&P Target....................: $ 500.00
  • Total 2014 Bonus...........: $15,750.00

With the amount of goddamn taxes paid on these bonuses, the government should be helping us to meet them.

MCE, KPM at target,

Your bonus will be 15k.

Those are some intense staff bonuses !

I heard for 2015....they are changing their emphasis from courteous and professional to how fast prescriptions are verified....is that true? My PIC mentioned this but I don't know if I believe it.

With the amount of goddamn taxes paid on these bonuses, the government should be helping us to meet them.

You realize how stupid you sound when you make this statement. They withhold whatever they withhold and if it's too much, you get it back when you file. It's not like they carve it out and keep it for themselves.....The gross get's added to your income and the withholding is added to the regular weekly withholding. You di your return and if you paid more than you owe, you get some back.....

I heard for 2015....they are changing their emphasis from courteous and professional to how fast prescriptions are verified....is that true? My PIC mentioned this but I don't know if I believe it.

Courteous and professional is being replaced by satisfied with time to fill on the SOS (which is no longer called SOS lol)

There is always the option of working 1 extra 14 hour shift a month. At $60/hr, and 1 shift a month, and 12 months, you make an additional $10,000 a year. For those who don't pick up extra shifts at all, that's the easiest way to make $10k than depending on the bonus. For me, bonuses at CVS were always a disappointment.

Hey, can you explain stock options? is it through E-trade? how much stocks cvs give u?

Stock options are granted to staff rph QoY and PIC Q year. The amount is valued at $1,000 and they take 3 years to vest (which means you cannot exercise them until 3 years after you get the options.

So...if any of my students ask, a bonus of 10%-15% of salary can be expected for PICs whose stores exceed their metrics? That's pretty good, considering the largest bonus I've ever received was $50.00 [working for non-profits is, alas, not profitable].

With such a low payout, what is the incentive for pharmacy managers to exceed? Really it would be less stress to rid yourselves of customers. OOS? I can transfer that across the street. Flu shot? 1 hour wait. Narc? next day. Even if I hit scritps to budget it is worth only several hundred after taxes. If I want extra pay then I can pick up a few extra shifts. Why doesn't CVS see the value of incentive's for managers? My front store manager makes 20k+/year in incentives. I like the company and just wish they would give decent bonuses.

With such a low payout, what is the incentive for pharmacy managers to exceed? Really it would be less stress to rid yourselves of customers. OOS? I can transfer that across the street. Flu shot? 1 hour wait. Narc? next day. Even if I hit scritps to budget it is worth only several hundred after taxes. If I want extra pay then I can pick up a few extra shifts. Why doesn't CVS see the value of incentive's for managers? My front store manager makes 20k+/year in incentives. I like the company and just wish they would give decent bonuses.
The incentive is to get your supervisor to shut up and stop bothering you. Objectively, you are 100% correct.

Got no bonus for scripts. We lost a big contract due to PBM side. Nothing CVS will do. Sucks big time. Now I am responsible for Caremark messing up.

my PIC got a $700 bonus. at a 24 hr store with roughly 3,500 scripts a week. i honestly don't know why he still want to keep that position instead of stepping down to staffs/floats.. an entire year of stress and not much incentive.

my PIC got a $700 bonus. at a 24 hr store with roughly 3,500 scripts a week. i honestly don't know why he still want to keep that position instead of stepping down to staffs/floats.. an entire year of stress and not much incentive.

Either he's lying to you, you're making this up, or you guys had a horrible year. I got a $16,000 bonus and I was doing 3600 scripts, I ended the year with a 3.5 SOS and a 85 on myCustomer.

No chance In hell that PIC got a $700 bonus. Unless your SOS was like a 1.2 and your myCustomer was a like a 65. In that case, why would you even expect a bonus any higher? And an entire year of stress? How can you be stressed with a 1 on SOS? That means you're not even trying, much less stressing.

This means you did not make scripts vs budget. Sometime it's your fault and sometime not......

i usually come in at 9pm and baskets are all over the floor. scripts from 11am weren't verified. i guess that has something to do with it. ^^

i usually come in at 9pm and baskets are all over the floor. scripts from 11am weren't verified. i guess that has something to do with it. ^^

That would explain not making script budget and low bonus... lol.

To be honest, if a pharmacy manager is stressed out... works like crazy.... and only got 700, he needs to ask for help.

Do you happen to know the max bonus for a staff rph at a store that averages over 2200 scripts per week for 2015?

Last edited:
probably around 1750 if you hit all budgets, higher if you beat scripts. I don't have a current incentive document, but this is from 2013's, I don't think much has changed though

2015 is different because of community responsibility, but they never posted it on myHR AFAIK. The only reasons to meet goals are to avoid being yelled at (already stated previously) and to achieve > 3.0 on myStoreHealth for the purposes of getting a raise.

probably around 1750 if you hit all budgets, higher if you beat scripts. I don't have a current incentive document, but this is from 2013's, I don't think much has changed though
I think if you are 10 percent over budget the bonus is significantly higher though. My store was 15 percent over budget with a mystorehealth of 3.6 and myce of 88 (target 85)