CVS Colleague Self-Assessment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This year will be my first time doing a self evaluation with CVS. Any tips on what to write about? I honestly don't know what most of the goals under the Business Results and Related Behaviors (Scripts to Budget, MCP to Budget, Days of Supply above TIL, etc) section mean. I never pay attention to the monthly score cards... I just make sure nothing turns red, acknowledge immediately, say the customer's name 3x, scan Extracare cards, and get customers out ASAP. I like being a staff Rph and have no desire to become PIC or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm guessing just mention a few metrics you did well in and then bring up a few areas you will improve in (and how)?

Last edited:
This entire eval is really based on your stores metrics and how your actions have helped to achieve them and what you can do better in the future to improve them. The main metric is My store health, the score here will strongly correlate with your overall performance evaluation so you really need to get your store's year to date number. The only real determining factor in your eval that is not directly based on the metric results would be the general direction the metrics have moved in while you were there. For example if your store was a craphole and scored a 1.5 on mystore health in 2014 but you helped raise it to a 3.3 in 2015 you may have a case for stating you have exceeded expectations.

By the way, your pic will be doing your evaluation (with approved of rx sup and HR business partner) so it would be a good idea to ask him/her what things would be good to include on your evaluation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just pretend you are reformed convict going in front of a parole board and you are trying to convince them to release you. Replace the word "Jesus" with "corporate" and "Bible" with "metrics".

Reactions: 2 users
"I pray to corporate daily and read the metrics for hours daily"

"Dear corporate please guide my steps and help me to understand the words in the metrics and what they mean to me"

It works!

Reactions: 1 users
This year will be my first time doing a self evaluation with CVS. Any tips on what to write about? I honestly don't know what most of the goals under the Business Results and Related Behaviors (Scripts to Budget, MCP to Budget, Days of Supply above TIL, etc) section mean. I never pay attention to the monthly score cards... I just make sure nothing turns red, acknowledge immediately, say the customer's name 3x, scan Extracare cards, and get customers out ASAP. I like being a staff Rph and have no desire to become PIC or anything.

I suggest you learn them and understand them help your store meet them or you can expect a lot off ME or DNME instead of EE and OP. It's the difference between no bonus and a raise of zero compared to up to 4.5%

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't stress it to much. Most employers really don't care about the specifics of your self-assessment, you just have to do one to show you are a team player.