CVS - Destroying the profession everyway they can!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Assisted living facility...

**** yeah! your business has reached the next level! It would be cool if you could continue your relationships with some of your patients as they got older and moved into such a facility!

Members don't see this ad.

**** yeah! your business has reached the next level! It would be cool if you could continue your relationships with some of your patients as they got older and moved into such a facility!

Yes it has...pretty much we will be filling like 115 rx daily, we just opened up 7 months ago...If we wanted, my partner and could pay ourselves a salary equal to a chain...Nope, not filling 300 or 400 or 500 rx's daily, no, we will be filling like 100-120 daily...who would have thought :) So if you have the opportunity, venture out on your own...try it...

Yes it has...pretty much we will be filling like 115 rx daily, we just opened up 7 months ago...If we wanted, my partner and could pay ourselves a salary equal to a chain...Nope, not filling 300 or 400 or 500 rx's daily, no, we will be filling like 100-120 daily...who would have thought :) So if you have the opportunity, venture out on your own...try it...

If only opening your own nuke pharm was as easy.. from what ive seen in my area, they are able to offer some amazing benefits and profits if you're willing to put in the work. i know one independent around here had a position open for 2am-4pm shifts, 5 days a week. but the salary and benefits were commensurate with the hours worked. Of course then there is that problem of radiation.. i suspect the owner/partners of that pharmacy were getting a lot higher of a daily dose than a company like cardinal would allow.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If only opening your own nuke pharm was as easy.. from what ive seen around here, they are able to offer some amazing benefits and profits if you're willing to put in the work. i know one independent around here had a position open for 2am-4pm shifts, 5 days a week. but the salary and benefits were far higher than what you'd find at a chain nuke job. Of course then there is that problem of radiation.. i suspect the owner/partners of that pharmacy were getting a lot higher of a daily dose than a company like cardinal would allow.

hmmmm...no thanks...i will pass :)

hmmmm...no thanks...i will pass :)

I was simply agreeing with you that the benefits of the job (satisfaction and money + perks) are generally higher when compared to the amount of work you put in than at a chain, regardless of what type of pharmacy it is. Granted you put in more work (in terms of responsibility and what you have to deal with) at your pharmacy than a typical chain job, but i bet you make more than if you had worked the same amount of hours at a chain.

I got this from http://www.jimplagakis.com/. This is Jim Plagakis's personal website. He is awesome and all should check it out. He got the figures from www.myvisajobs.com. I am posting info he got from there so I am not plagiarizing him!

****Below are my comments NOT Jim Plagakis's*** If you want to read his thoughts click on the link above.

CVS is the leader in H1B pharmacists!!!! If you have ever tried to call CVS for a transfer this is no surprise to you. I swear all 3,575 of them work in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. Two things you can be sure of when calling CVS for a transfer. 1.) a minimum of 15 minutes on hold. 2.) When someone does answer it is Shhruwhdh Rammsdkdhwsu who barely speaks English and thinks it makes him more intelligible if he speaks as fast as possible. Plus you have all the background noise to contend with like the drive through dinger going off every 0.2 seconds and the automated phone telling the pharmacist there is 16 lines on hold. I pretty much despise CVS more than any other pharmacy in the world.

First, I understand the frustration of understanding people's accent but to stereotype a particular group or culture or ethnic background is a shame. As pharmacist we are trained to work with all sort of patients or healthcare provider, their language or how to speak is the least of concern when providing quality healthcare. If that becomes an issue for you or someone that you cant figure out or try to communicate with a particular person thats your downfall. I am an H-1B pharmacist, I do have an accent but I continuously learn, adapt and improvise my accent depending on the patients I am having conversation with to easy the communication. Being such an educated individual and holding a doctorate degree it is expect out of you to have tolerance and professional integrity to solve problem, not to create one and complain about it.

That post was six years old. The poster has probably gone back to school to be an RN by now.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't recall any training in school about diverse patient populations...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app