CVS hiring process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apothecaryintraining

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! If anyone else who has been recently hired by CVS or is an employee could give me there experience it would be much appreciated.

I signed my CVS pharmacist acceptance offer online around 2 weeks ago, got an email for a drug test and took it last friday (never have used drugs so no chance anything could happen)I have a clean criminal record as well. My hiring manager says he still has not heard back regarding my drug test and background check.

I am just anxious to hear back, and was wondering if anyone else could share how long did it take for your information to come back from first advantage the third party they use to do the background checks and drug screens?

Or how long after signing your acceptance/ taking your drug test did you finally hear back on a starting date for CVS?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!!

I was recently hired last week by CVS as a pharm tech so I'm not sure if it's the same for pharmacist.

I applied online 1/28 and got a call from the PIC the next day 1/29. I received the offer and accepted the offer the same day. I got the email from First Advantage immediately after I signed. I went to complete my drug screening the next day Friday, 1/30. I called my hiring rep on 2/2 to clear up some issues with my starting date and ask what are the next steps. He informed me I should receive my New Hire Paperwork shortly. I received the new hire paperwork 2/3 and completed them the same day. I got an email today (2/5) about completing all the onboard paperwork and my store manager would be calling to schedule New Colleague Orientation and provide some more details of the class. I haven't receive a call yet, but will call the manager if I don't hear back by tonight. I believe my city only holds the orientations on Saturday and my offer said my starting date would be Feb 7th. But, I'll be out of town for the next two weeks so I won't be able to start until late Feb. So the whole process took me 1 week!

Hope this offered you some insight on the hiring process!!

Hi! If anyone else who has been recently hired by CVS or is an employee could give me there experience it would be much appreciated.

I signed my CVS pharmacist acceptance offer online around 2 weeks ago, got an email for a drug test and took it last friday (never have used drugs so no chance anything could happen)I have a clean criminal record as well. My hiring manager says he still has not heard back regarding my drug test and background check.

I am just anxious to hear back, and was wondering if anyone else could share how long did it take for your information to come back from first advantage the third party they use to do the background checks and drug screens?

Or how long after signing your acceptance/ taking your drug test did you finally hear back on a starting date for CVS?
I accepted my offer w/ CVS in December 2014, & am still not sure of the status of my drug test. Have you been training with them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Raising this thread back from the dead. Should I ask my scheduler for updates? I've been texting my supervisor and his supervisor-in-training for updates, but I feel bad for harassing them. I need to know when this stuff gets rolling because I took my drug test on a Friday, which seems to be the last thing they've sent me from the offer process. Then, that weekend, I went to look for an apartment near where I'll be working. I've put down a deposit, already, to hold the place, but if this doesn't go through soon enough, I'll lose that deposit. I also want to keep the leasing agent updated on when I can move.

So, here's what I got so far, in order. The offer acceptance form. The Fair Credit Reporting Act form. And then the drug test. Am I missing something here? Was there supposed to be a background check form or something that I never received? I'll check again with my supervisor on Monday, but I really hate to bother him all the time this soon, lol.

So right now, it has been 7 days since I turned in the last thing they gave me to do. I know this is still on the early end, the anticipation is just killing me. I really want to start.

Raising this thread back from the dead. Should I ask my scheduler for updates? I've been texting my supervisor and his supervisor-in-training for updates, but I feel bad for harassing them. I need to know when this stuff gets rolling because I took my drug test on a Friday, which seems to be the last thing they've sent me from the offer process. Then, that weekend, I went to look for an apartment near where I'll be working. I've put down a deposit, already, to hold the place, but if this doesn't go through soon enough, I'll lose that deposit. I also want to keep the leasing agent updated on when I can move.

So, here's what I got so far, in order. The offer acceptance form. The Fair Credit Reporting Act form. And then the drug test. Am I missing something here? Was there supposed to be a background check form or something that I never received? I'll check again with my supervisor on Monday, but I really hate to bother him all the time this soon, lol.

So right now, it has been 7 days since I turned in the last thing they gave me to do. I know this is still on the early end, the anticipation is just killing me. I really want to start.

CVS has been lagging with me too (got an offer in November, and completed the new hire paperwork last week). One week is nothing, wait a couple more days. If you still hear crickets, then shoot off an email.

In my experience, The next step should be them getting your availability, and finding a store for you to work as an intern prior to graduation. This can be any store, and sometimes it takes a while to track down all the people involved (store supervisor, DM, trainer, intern coordinator, etc) and get them to communicate with one another.

CVS has been lagging with me too (got an offer in November, and completed the new hire paperwork last week). One week is nothing, wait a couple more days. If you still hear crickets, then shoot off an email.

In my experience, The next step should be them getting your availability, and finding a store for you to work as an intern prior to graduation. This can be any store, and sometimes it takes a while to track down all the people involved (store supervisor, DM, trainer, intern coordinator, etc) and get them to communicate with one another.

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm already a licensed pharmacist. The application was for a specific store, and so was the job offer. I'm not entirely sure if I'll be assigned to that store, but they gave me the store number the application was attached to when I got an interview invite. I guess I should change my profile status lol.

I think my first interview was Jan 15th, second interview Jan 22nd. I got the offer Jan 27th. I accepted it and turned in the offer paperwork Jan 28th. Took the drug test Jan 29th. Been chilling since, playing Counter-Strike and going out with friends before I move.

Last edited:
I got my offer letter Jan 29th. Accepted and drug test that day. Then they've been slowly sending me forms to complete over the last week. Still not good to go, though.

I got my offer letter Jan 29th. Accepted and drug test that day. Then they've been slowly sending me forms to complete over the last week. Still not good to go, though.

Have you gotten any more forms than I have? I feel like I'm missing background check forms or something. And were they all through email?

Have you gotten any more forms than I have? I feel like I'm missing background check forms or something. And were they all through email?

I've gotten 6 emails over the course of a week. The last one I had to do was the "Guardian I-9" thing. Then before that was "background screen". Then before that was the drug test. Then before that "FCRA" form. Then before that the "Acceptance confirmation of offer." Then before that the email with offer letter.

It all seems very disjointed.

I would have thought a rehire would be faster!
Yeah, me, too. I literally worked for them 2 months ago.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder what's taking so long for them to get me the background screen and Guardian I-9. Were they all sent to you by First Advantage?

Similar question: for new grad CVS hires, what is the training/grad intern process like? Is there a set number of weeks or hours you're training at a store or is it when you're licensed you're on your own right away ? Mostly wondering so I can plan for some events in the summer (weddings, concerts etcs) so wondering if I'll be doing every other weekend right away or only after a month or so. Any insight would be great.

Similar question: for new grad CVS hires, what is the training/grad intern process like? Is there a set number of weeks or hours you're training at a store or is it when you're licensed you're on your own right away ? Mostly wondering so I can plan for some events in the summer (weddings, concerts etcs) so wondering if I'll be doing every other weekend right away or only after a month or so. Any insight would be great.

You are expected to be able to enter the grind as soon as you get your license. Before that, you are a glorified technician, so you'll have a more flexible schedule.

14 days since accepting offer, no new information since drug test. I wonder if they got enough information from my job application to run my background check?

Word, talked to a supervisor and First Advantage on Tuesday. Neither has any new information for me, after I explained about the forms you got in your email that I didn't get.