CVS: how can you view the hard copy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArtificallyFlavored

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is dumb but it's been bothering me because I've been searching for the answer to this for years. If the RX is currently in process but not in QV, or it's on hold, how can you view the hard copy without having to print it?

Members don't see this ad.

Years? You've been working for cvs for YEARS but you couldn't figure out how to do something as basic as this?

M2, 4, 2. Done.

Reactions: 2 users
I think it's the dumb software.
On hold will need to be sent to production , there is no other way (besides off course printing via M2,4,2).Once in QP, I guess you can Edit Rx and type V for viewing.

Olegrad can enlighten more:)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are in their profile you can also just hit V# and view the script, select one of the fills, and hit RV for "review verification" and it will pop up.

Reactions: 1 user
No that would M2,4,3. M2,4.2 is for scanning the image. Before you scan, you see the present image.

That's also a great way to erase the image too. Do you know how many times I been on that screen and the image has been deleted?

The best thing to do is put the script into production, bypass the scan, and go to the QV screen to see what is actually on the script. That's the fastest and most practical way. I don't understand why you want to go to the screen to rescan the image. Sure, it works, but you also take the chance of deleting the image, which happens frequently, especially if you are like me who keeps hitting "enter, enter, enter" to get the damn computer to work faster.

That's also a great way to erase the image too. Do you know how many times I been on that screen and the image has been deleted?

The best thing to do is put the script into production, bypass the scan, and go to the QV screen to see what is actually on the script. That's the fastest and most practical way. I don't understand why you want to go to the screen to rescan the image. Sure, it works, but you also take the chance of deleting the image, which happens frequently, especially if you are like me who keeps hitting "enter, enter, enter" to get the damn computer to work faster.

Eh, your way requires more keystrokes (as well as messing up your bypass scan rate), M2 is faster/easier. You just have to control your keystrokes man! ;)

Why is there not just a 'view hardcopy' option in the view script details or status. It is pretty ridiculous.

Why is there not just a 'view hardcopy' option in the view script details or status. It is pretty ridiculous.

There is. Unless it is on hold. Of the many things that are stupid aboutd RXConnect, this one is relatively minor and has an easy work around.

The one that really annoys me is not being able to transfer RXs on hold at other CVS'. THAT is very inconvenient.

There is. Unless it is on hold. Of the many things that are stupid aboutd RXConnect, this one is relatively minor and has an easy work around.

The one that really annoys me is not being able to transfer RXs on hold at other CVS'. THAT is very inconvenient.
Worse than that is that you can't transfer the refill of a prescription LINKED to an on-hold prescription. This is a big issue when working overnights.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree that "I mash the enter button repeatedly at random and sometimes it breaks things" is not a good reason to choose the less efficient option above. It is a good reason to FREAKING STOP DOING THAT!

Rather than coming out with all these sophisticated programs, CVS should start with the bare necessities first.

1. Introduce a view hard copy function
2. Not lose the hard copy when it's linked. Whenever I see image not scanned, I just know it's because somebody linked it to an RX.
3. Be able to transfer on-hold and view hard copies of scripts at other stores

Which leads me to another point. When I transfer in a refill from another store, how do I know they filled it correctly in the first place? I am not able to view their hard copy but it's still my license on the line when it gets misfilled.

Rather than coming out with all these sophisticated programs, CVS should start with the bare necessities first.

1. Introduce a view hard copy function
2. Not lose the hard copy when it's linked. Whenever I see image not scanned, I just know it's because somebody linked it to an RX.
3. Be able to transfer on-hold and view hard copies of scripts at other stores

4. Which leads me to another point. When I transfer in a refill from another store, how do I know they filled it correctly in the first place? I am not able to view their hard copy but it's still my license on the line when it gets misfilled.

1) There is a view hard copy function

2) Yes, I agree. Supposedly that is one of the "system enhancements" that are coming. I will believe it when I see it.

3) YES, OMG YES

4) You can view the original hard copy. It is one of the options at data verification for a transfer. I think the option says "View Original (V)". I suggest reading all the options at the command bar, you can learn to do pretty much anything just by reading them. Annoyingly the image seems to always be lost after the first refill. Keep in mind when you transfer from another company, you don't get to see the hard copy. ;)

1) There is a view hard copy function

4) You can view the original hard copy. It is one of the options at data verification for a transfer. I think the option says "View Original (V)". I suggest reading all the options at the command bar, you can learn to do pretty much anything just by reading them. Annoyingly the image seems to always be lost after the first refill. Keep in mind when you transfer from another company, you don't get to see the hard copy. ;)

1. If you mean the scan hard copy feature, I've tried not to use that ever since I scanned over the previous image and had to dig through papers to re-scan it. I'm sure CVS did not intend for it to be used for viewing. They need a separate function just for viewing, preferably in the patient profile and not through M2. Right now it takes too long to get to the hard copy from the profile if it's been filled. V#, line#, then RV... would be much easier if we could just type something like H# and get to the image.

4. Hmm I'll have to check this out next time. And that's a good point.

damn is it that hard to view the hard copy at CVS?! Rite aid you just have to open the script and click on the hard copy tab lol

THIS. Seems like something so simple and would save us a lot of time and headache. Add the option to pull the RX if it's in someone elses waiting bin too. Walgreens has this option.

A central call center and central inventory would be nice too.

I'm confused. Have you run out of things on your MCP to adjust, that you are trying to save paper by not just printing it? I can't imagine that would save you a whole ream of paper per month.

Just print it and move on...