cvs is hiring more techs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
good news is CVS is allowing us to hire more techs. our district supervisor "required" that we hire more people. bad news? they also "require" we use less tech hours.. if you don't see the irony, you're just as dumb as they are..... essentially these new people are working 5 hours each week.. how do you live on 5 hours x $9/hr each week? with a weekly pay of $45 ?? our senior techs wanted more hours, but we couldn't give to them... we were force to cut their hours and hire a lot more new people and give them a $45/week salary.... >_<

Members don't see this ad.

By hiring more techs and giving them less hours, some techs won't qualify for health benefits. Techs are not expensive but they use a lot of health benefits.

Members don't see this ad :)
They see turnover numbers on bigger scale than you do at the store. It makes sense to have more people in the system than you can actually use. It puts pressure on the current techs to be more 'flexible.' It still benefits you to have the option of calling someone when there is a sick call, even if that person can barely do pick up.

They see turnover numbers on bigger scale than you do at the store. It makes sense to have more people in the system than you can actually use. It puts pressure on the current techs to be more 'flexible.' It still benefits you to have the option of calling someone when there is a sick call, even if that person can barely do pick up.

CVS pays you 5 cents over min wage to do fairly stressful work. Then they give you 5-20 hours a week. Do you really think people are going to use this as motivation to work harder/be flexible?

CVS pays you 5 cents over min wage to do fairly stressful work. Then they give you 5-20 hours a week. Do you really think people are going to use this as motivation to work harder/be flexible?

I am expressing corporate views on 'flexibility.' I didn't say I agree with those views.

If I've learned anything from CVS, it's that techs will put up with ridiculous working conditions, and keep coming back for more. I see them working off the clock frequently. Dead serious

Edit: not all of them, but everybody has those one or two who are dedicated beyond reason

Edit: not all of them, but everybody has those one or two who are dedicated beyond reason

There was a tech in my district who came in on her day off to help put up the truck, off the clock even. She was really quite the dedicated tech. Turns out she was stealing bottles of alprazolam.

Reactions: 1 users
There was a tech in my district who came in on her day off to help put up the truck, off the clock even. She was really quite the dedicated tech. Turns out she was stealing bottles of alprazolam.

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is ;)