Cvs lump sum payout cap?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pbpharmd

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife has been with cvs for several years as a pic and manages one of the top stores in her district. She hit her max a few years ago and has received lump sums the past few years.

This year she received a nice bonus,but was a given a very small lump sum (few hundred dollars). When it was discussed during her review with her supervisor she was told this year there are maximum payouts from certain stores.

She had no idea this was occurring this year and no mention from corporate.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

My wife has been with cvs for several years as a pic and manages one of the top stores in her district. She hit her max a few years ago and has received lump sums the past few years.

This year she received a nice bonus,but was a given a very small lump sum (few hundred dollars). When it was discussed during her review with her supervisor she was told this year there are maximum payouts from certain stores.

She had no idea this was occurring this year and no mention from corporate.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Usually the raises once capped is nominal. Like 1-2 percent. Hence the lump sum bonus is a couple of hundred (mines is 1k) after allowing her to catch up to the next max (I think 0.5 percent increase this year).

Thank you for the explanation.

Do you have any idea what the ranges are for what is considered low, mid and high volume? Her supervisor mentioned she could go to a high volume store and would receive a better raise. She likes her current store (not sure if she wants to leave) and knows her friend down the street is doing roughly 600+ more a week and is paid almost the exact same.

Members don't see this ad :)
So the cap is based on volume? I thought it was based on what your rate is period.

But...the PICs who stay there can never leave because they earn so much more money than they would make somewhere else! Their experience and high performance earn them an extra 50k per year!

"Her supervisor mentioned she could go to a high volume store and would receive a better raise." LOL. This is the exact scripting that corporate gives the supervisors to use in this scenario.

Your wife is probably a great pharmacy manager that has hit her ceiling at this company unfortunately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Usually the raises once capped is nominal. Like 1-2 percent. Hence the lump sum bonus is a couple of hundred (mines is 1k) after allowing her to catch up to the next max (I think 0.5 percent increase this year).

She mentioned this morning that her rating according to her supervisor was a meets expectations and was processed for a 3% increase. The lump sum is no where close to 3% of her base.

Is there anywhere in the computer to see what her actual increase was, not just the capped amount?

Last edited:
She mentioned this morning that her rating according to her supervisor was a meets expectations and was processed for a 3% increase. The lump sum is no where close to 3% of her base.

Is there anywhere in the computer to see what her actual increase was, not just the capped amount?

Just saw my lump sum. So my raise + lump sum ends up around a 1% total raise for an excceds. So like you, I"m wondering now if they cap the lump sum amount too, which is pretty wack.