Cvs mycustomer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmd201389

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us who work for cvs, how the heck do you get this metric up? Anything below a 5 destroys you. You can get 4 surveys of 5's each, then get one with a 3 or 4, and your MTD goes to an 80 automatically just from 1 survey.

People have told me to not put emails on file for customers, as then the survey will print on the receipt. But then what? does the system look at them by ip addresses? Can you do the surveys yourself all from one computer?

Members don't see this ad.

That is a very good question, and I was wondering the same thing. I know there are stores that just keep some receipts and give them to friends to do the survey. I don't think it is a good idea. But the way cvs emphasizes the metrics is that they basically want you to cheat to get the numbers up. That is what matters to them. As long as your numbers are up, you are fine. The end justifies the means. It is ridiculous how they are big on some random stupid metrics. Most people who work for cvs cheat to get the numbers up, it can be that they enroll everyone on ready fill, and so on......

In my district, we had a PIC cheat (keep reciepts) to keep SSS (pre-mycustomer) up. He was fired with no other write ups.

When it came out we were able to keep our score high (reached excellence before I left) without cheating the system at all. The receipt surveys were supposed to be phased out, so I would say to keep e-mails on EVERYONE to increase the chance of a survey being sent to a customer who had good expierence.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a very good question, and I was wondering the same thing. I know there are stores that just keep some receipts and give them to friends to do the survey. I don't think it is a good idea. But the way cvs emphasizes the metrics is that they basically want you to cheat to get the numbers up. That is what matters to them. As long as your numbers are up, you are fine. The end justifies the means. It is ridiculous how they are big on some random stupid metrics. Most people who work for cvs cheat to get the numbers up, it can be that they enroll everyone on ready fill, and so on......

What the hell are you talking about? Are you drunk?

... receipts? the survey goes out randomly in email. and of course it is a great idea. That is why EVERY company is doing it.

Customer service equals to sales. Sales = profit. CVS emphasizes customer service because they want profit. THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

The end does not justify the means. If you don't have the behaviors, the score wont follow. For example, if you don't acknowledge everyone immediately, the customers will rate they didn't get acknowledged immediately... and you lose 17 points on your score. Who doesn't know any techs who just keeps on doing what ever they were doing even though somebody was standing there for 5 minutes... or hasn't have that negative experience before when they are trying to pay for something.

... and no, most people who work for CVS do not cheat to get the numbers up. They used to until they phase it out. This system is almost cheat proof.... They have tracking that flags suspicious activity and people have been fired for cheating... from bottom to top. There was a team of upper management (field managers and regional) that got fired because they tolerated cheating.

and wtf... how does readyfill relate to the topic.

For those of us who work for cvs, how the heck do you get this metric up? Anything below a 5 destroys you. You can get 4 surveys of 5's each, then get one with a 3 or 4, and your MTD goes to an 80 automatically just from 1 survey.

People have told me to not put emails on file for customers, as then the survey will print on the receipt. But then what? does the system look at them by ip addresses? Can you do the surveys yourself all from one computer?

so it depends... a lot of people equate mycustomer with customer service. It is really customer service that is so awesome, that the customer will come back to you even though there is a competitor across the street. That is why only 5s matter.

There's not much that you can do to manipulate the score... but you can control it. The best way is by making sure that you and are your teams are doing the right thing. Are you guys acknowledging immediately? addressing customers by name? or counseling? Those are free points because they are yes or no questions.

Read the daily comments for feedback... a lot of the experience factor has to do with multiple visits... and may contain things that you can not control. Are your staff laser focusing on the customer? Do they talk to their colleagues while helping the customer? Do they care... ? Are they aware they are doing a good/bad job? I met many techs who think they are doing awesome until I show them that we are ranked mid or bottom of the district.

Also, you can control the survey through emails. I don't think the companys email capture rate is high. So that means if you gave awesome customer service to somebody, scan their cvs extracare card, and send them an email... they are almost guarantee to get a survey. You can tell the customer that only 5s count and ask them to rate you because it is very important. On the other hand, if the customer has a bad experience, don't update the exp... because I find that bad customers are most likely do the survey, and rate you badly..

My last tip is... customer service IS important... because it equates to sales. Everybody in the company knows that it is hard to control... so just make sure you have the right behaviors, doing effective observations, fast feedbacks..., etc... and hope your bosses sees that. I feel that driving the behavior is more important than the score... , and the score will come...., sooner or later.

... receipts? the survey goes out randomly in email. and of course it is a great idea. That is why EVERY company is doing it.

Customer service equals to sales. Sales = profit. CVS emphasizes customer service because they want profit. THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

The end does not justify the means. If you don't have the behaviors, the score wont follow. For example, if you don't acknowledge everyone immediately, the customers will rate they didn't get acknowledged immediately... and you lose 17 points on your score. Who doesn't know any techs who just keeps on doing what ever they were doing even though somebody was standing there for 5 minutes... or hasn't have that negative experience before when they are trying to pay for something.

... and no, most people who work for CVS do not cheat to get the numbers up. They used to until they phase it out. This system is almost cheat proof.... They have tracking that flags suspicious activity and people have been fired for cheating... from bottom to top. There was a team of upper management (field managers and regional) that got fired because they tolerated cheating.

You're clueless. If your store doesn't have enough emails on file, the SSS surveys print on receipts.

You're clueless. If your store doesn't have enough emails on file, the SSS surveys print on receipts.
Thank you. He is clueless. I have seen multiple times where the survey prints on receipt

yeap it is related. Some stores put everyone on ready fill without their approval to increase their kpm.Yeap that is cheating too

yeap it is related. Some stores put everyone on ready fill without their approval to increase their kpm.Yeap that is cheating too

Do you guys even work for CVS? People automatically enroll people in readyfill to increase their KPM? How much is readyfill on KPM... at the max, 5 pts. Most stores hit 2-3 pts without trying. Who cares about the other 2 points out of 100...

Why would anybody waste the time, and effort... to cheat on readyfill. How does KPM relate to mycustomer? What store are you in so I can tell your pharmacy manager how ******ed he is...

There is always the ethics line if you believe people are cheating.

Do you have any idea how many stores in corporate fits that criteria? ... Most stores have enough emails to capture for mycustomer..

Do you have any idea how many stores in corporate fits that criteria? ... Most stores have enough emails to capture for mycustomer..
It has to see with the demography. Do not take anything for granted. there are stores whose the majority of the clientele does not have a computer let alone an email.

Do you guys even work for CVS? People automatically enroll people in readyfill to increase their KPM? How much is readyfill on KPM... at the max, 5 pts. Most stores hit 2-3 pts without trying. Who cares about the other 2 points out of 100...

Why would anybody waste the time, and effort... to cheat on readyfill. How does KPM relate to mycustomer? What store are you in so I can tell your pharmacy manager how ******ed he is...

Believe it or not cheating at cvs is common. A couple years they were in the news because some stores in the west coast were enrolling customers in ready fill

Believe it or not cheating at cvs is common. A couple years they were in the news because some stores in the west coast were enrolling customers in ready fill

I believe there is cheating... that comes with any organization. However, comparing now to a few years ago is like comparing one pharmacy... now, to a few years ago. There are new pharmacists, new management teams, new CEO. Heck, even the president of CVS changed twice the last two years. Visions are different... and agendas.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe there is cheating... that comes with any organization. However, comparing now to a few years ago is like comparing one pharmacy... now, to a few years ago. There are new pharmacists, new management teams, new CEO. Heck, even the president of CVS changed twice the last two years. Visions are different... and agendas.

Cheating on Readyfill is just stupid. The customer still has to pick up the prescription for you to get credit and you just end up having double the return to stocks. Just ask if they want it automatically filled. It's simple.

Same w/ Mycustomer. Just do the right things. Tell your techs you expect them to acknowledge immediately and then help immediately. Call them out when they don't address by name. Not in a mean way. Just remind them that you're listening and you didn't hear it. Scores will go up.

Reactions: 1 users
What the hell kind of scoring system throws out scores? How can this be statistically significant?

An email from a couple years ago from a cvs supervisor:

As we try to drive enrollment in ReadyFill , I am asking our pharmacy teams to ask for forgiveness rather than permission when it comes to ReadyFill.

Teams should enroll ALL eligible scripts, and then have a conversation with the patient at pickup that sounds something like this:

Mr. Smith I just wanted to let you know that we took the opportunity to enroll your prescriptions in a new service we call ReadyFill.....(Rest of this part tells people how wonderful the program is)

We are finding that most customers are NOT asking us to "un-enroll" them so we believe that we will continue to gain momentum. This will help keep your patients compliant with their therapies and help you manage the PCI workload.

The goal for enrollment is 25% and we should all be working toward that goal"

Several years ago. Corporate thinking then and now. I believe illegal then and now. But, they are an honest an upstanding company and its not just about money. But. you already know that.

Reactions: 1 users
It sounds like on this board there are some people who get off to CVS. Like love CVS. Like go home and wack off to CVS.

Wtf is a mycustomer.. Sounds stupid.

Reactions: 1 user
so it depends... a lot of people equate mycustomer with customer service. It is really customer service that is so awesome, that the customer will come back to you even though there is a competitor across the street. That is why only 5s matter.

There's not much that you can do to manipulate the score... but you can control it. The best way is by making sure that you and are your teams are doing the right thing. Are you guys acknowledging immediately? addressing customers by name? or counseling? Those are free points because they are yes or no questions.

Read the daily comments for feedback... a lot of the experience factor has to do with multiple visits... and may contain things that you can not control. Are your staff laser focusing on the customer? Do they talk to their colleagues while helping the customer? Do they care... ? Are they aware they are doing a good/bad job? I met many techs who think they are doing awesome until I show them that we are ranked mid or bottom of the district.

Also, you can control the survey through emails. I don't think the companys email capture rate is high. So that means if you gave awesome customer service to somebody, scan their cvs extracare card, and send them an email... they are almost guarantee to get a survey. You can tell the customer that only 5s count and ask them to rate you because it is very important. On the other hand, if the customer has a bad experience, don't update the exp... because I find that bad customers are most likely do the survey, and rate you badly..

My last tip is... customer service IS important... because it equates to sales. Everybody in the company knows that it is hard to control... so just make sure you have the right behaviors, doing effective observations, fast feedbacks..., etc... and hope your bosses sees that. I feel that driving the behavior is more important than the score... , and the score will come...., sooner or later.

Complete BS. People routinely come back to businesses where the service was good or just fine. Do you really not return to a store/restaurant/business because you didn't have perfect service? Yes, bad or awful customer service will drive someone away, but perfect customer service is an unrealistic goal to have. Sales is driven by so much more than service and includes factors like location, hours, and coupons provided.

Those surveys are misleading and unscientific. The sample sizes are usually super low and happy customers are way less likely to respond than unhappy one's. All it takes is 1 bad survey to plunge your scores.

Complete BS. People routinely come back to businesses where the service was good or just fine. Do you really not return to a store/restaurant/business because you didn't have perfect service? Yes, bad or awful customer service will drive someone away, but perfect customer service is an unrealistic goal to have. Sales is driven by so much more than service and includes factors like location, hours, and coupons provided.

Those surveys are misleading and unscientific. The sample sizes are usually super low and happy customers are way less likely to respond than unhappy one's. All it takes is 1 bad survey to plunge your scores.

I could not agree with you more. Yes the survey is far from being scientific. We were able to bring the score up dramatically just by telling the good patients, the one that we know, to do the survery. Yes the survey does print on receipt. You make sure you tell them to do the survey . yes the score went up. does that reflect the service at the store? nope.. One thing to keep in mind is that is that unhappy customers are more likely to do the survey. yes, the number has nothing to see with the service provided.

I wonder if people realize that not every survey printed on the receipt goes to the "long" survey? All First Fill Counseling patients will get a survey printed on there but it only asks if they were satisfied with counseling, it doesn't give them the "real" survey.

Old... once again... a few years ago and now are two different things. Readyfill isn't even on the radar. It is worth 5 pts out of 100 points in our kpm that we are rated on. Nobody is focusing any efforts on that because nobody cares about 5 points. I am not denying that cheating did not happen back then. I am saying that cheating is not tolerated now, and that if you were to forward the email to ethics line, the supervisor would find himself in lots of trouble and out of a job...

Not completely bs... the reason why fast food, banks, and retails care so much about customer service is because customer service increase sales. Anybody who has any business acumen knows this. This is what independents thrive on... These surveys were done via millions of dollars worth of research, from external and internal (extracare card monitoring) data.

When we talk about customer service, we are talking about customer service that increases sales. For example, lets take a look at the front end. If a sales associate ask a customer if he needs help, this increases the average transaction by a dollar. That makes sense... because the customer finds what he needs... and not walk out. If the customer was walked to the item and handed the product, the customer will be more likely to purchase the item. This increases average transaction by 1.50. If the average transaction is 10 dollars, and they increase the average to 12.50... that is a 25 percent increase in sales.

yes... sales is driven through factors like locations, hours, and coupons... but when all is equal... customer service creates a differentiated environment where you will be more likely to go back when all things is equal, or spend more at the location with the better customer service because you found the detergent and don't have to get it later.

sample size is low..... which does goes back to things we can not control. However, you can add up sample size month to month..., and then add that sample size on the district, region, area, and company, and get a bigger picture of what is really going on.

I could not agree with you more. Yes the survey is far from being scientific. We were able to bring the score up dramatically just by telling the good patients, the one that we know, to do the survery. Yes the survey does print on receipt. You make sure you tell them to do the survey . yes the score went up. does that reflect the service at the store? nope.. One thing to keep in mind is that is that unhappy customers are more likely to do the survey. yes, the number has nothing to see with the service provided.

okay.. I assume you work for CVS. So answer me this, if you don't tell your team to acknowledge all customers immediately, and have them focus on task driven stuff like cardinal, or unpacking the truck... do you think that your acknowledge customer score will be high?

Lets say that if you drive acknowledging customers 100 percent of the time... and focus your attention on that, and everybody including you is acknowledging the customer..., do you think you would have 100 on your score?

Once again, there will be unhappy customers... and yes... they are more likely to give u a rating. Question is why the **** are they unhappy... ? Half the time I deal with irate customers comes from the fact that they come in, and their **** isn't ready after an hour. Or med is out of stock (another customer rating)..., and nobody told them..., or they were ignored.

If the store provides good customer service 100 percent of the time, or even 85 (which is the target), you will see an increase in sales..., regardless of one or two unhappy customers, and you will see increase in sales.

we all agree that we should provide quality customer service.. But focusing on a random number to gauge the performance of the service is Bs

Just FYI that math is not correct. One survey with one 4 would mean that survey is an 80. That 80 would then average with all those 100s. If is was scored the way you seem to think it is no one would ever be able to score highly, lol.

aznfarmerboi
you work at very busy stores that have technicians at every workstation. have you worked alone or with one tech for extended periods? I worked at a semi-busy CVS not too long ago and I had almost a tech at every workstation, it wasn't bad at all. when I floated to other CVS, that's when all hell broke loose. 90% of the CVS I floated to had little to no help. if there was help, it was a newly hired tech that was more of a hindrance. I quit right around the time they were transitioning to "my dashboard".

now, I'm at a national grocery pharmacy that gives me 4 FT + 2 PT techs DAILY. guess what? I don't need some survey to tell me I'm providing good customer service or not. I will gladly provide top-notch service on top of MTM, immunizations, cholesterol screening and whatever they want me to do. why? because they give me ample help. I have floated at well over 30 stores and always have had ample help. can't say the same for CVS.

Not completely bs... the reason why fast food, banks, and retails care so much about customer service is because customer service increase sales. Anybody who has any business acumen knows this. This is what independents thrive on... These surveys were done via millions of dollars worth of research, from external and internal (extracare card monitoring) data.

When we talk about customer service, we are talking about customer service that increases sales. For example, lets take a look at the front end. If a sales associate ask a customer if he needs help, this increases the average transaction by a dollar. That makes sense... because the customer finds what he needs... and not walk out. If the customer was walked to the item and handed the product, the customer will be more likely to purchase the item. This increases average transaction by 1.50. If the average transaction is 10 dollars, and they increase the average to 12.50... that is a 25 percent increase in sales.

yes... sales is driven through factors like locations, hours, and coupons... but when all is equal... customer service creates a differentiated environment where you will be more likely to go back when all things is equal, or spend more at the location with the better customer service because you found the detergent and don't have to get it later.

sample size is low..... which does goes back to things we can not control. However, you can add up sample size month to month..., and then add that sample size on the district, region, area, and company, and get a bigger picture of what is really going on.

Yes completely BS. People go back to businesses that have OK service all the time. Again, bad service will certainly drive people away, but good service might not keep them.

You negate the fact that these surveys treat pretty good service the same as awful service. This is not a valid assessment. People are not evaluated on aggregated data. They get chewed out based on the monthly numbers that are calculated from insignificant sample sizes.

okay.. I assume you work for CVS. So answer me this, if you don't tell your team to acknowledge all customers immediately, and have them focus on task driven stuff like cardinal, or unpacking the truck... do you think that your acknowledge customer score will be high?

Lets say that if you drive acknowledging customers 100 percent of the time... and focus your attention on that, and everybody including you is acknowledging the customer..., do you think you would have 100 on your score?

Once again, there will be unhappy customers... and yes... they are more likely to give u a rating. Question is why the **** are they unhappy... ? Half the time I deal with irate customers comes from the fact that they come in, and their **** isn't ready after an hour. Or med is out of stock (another customer rating)..., and nobody told them..., or they were ignored.

If the store provides good customer service 100 percent of the time, or even 85 (which is the target), you will see an increase in sales..., regardless of one or two unhappy customers, and you will see increase in sales.

No. Customers forget what's happened in the store. They get mad about something else and then they retaliate by giving low marks on the entire survey. They don't hear the survey correctly and they put in the wrong number. Self report data is effing awful. Then you get yelled at because the unreliable data says you're wrong.

Just FYI that math is not correct. One survey with one 4 would mean that survey is an 80. That 80 would then average with all those 100s. If is was scored the way you seem to think it is no one would ever be able to score highly, lol.

I believe they throw out any scores that aren't 5's. They don't count them. So his math would be correct if they still tabulate that way.

The customer surveys are not statistically significant and conclusions cannot be drawn from them. Anyone who has taken a basic stat course could tell you this. The service scores are merely there to create an illusion that they really care about service. It helps them sell contracts to 3rd parties. It is also used as a tool to create turnover. It is a totally random number.

On the other hand, if the customer has a bad experience, don't update the exp... because I find that bad customers are most likely do the survey, and rate you badly..

A customer who has a "bad experience" because of something your pharmacy did wrong is a "bad customer" who's opinion does not deserve to be heard?

So to be clear, you think everyone else cheating on surveys (which is widely accepted by normal people as just another thing to do, like waiting bin) is an unholy offense that rightfully ends some careers. But your dishonest manipulation of information as described above is totally acceptable because it is part of your pursuit to someday be an rx supervisor.

Actually, FYI your math is wrong. The score is not a numerical average of the survey responses. It is actually what percent of surveys give you 5s or Yes scores.

So if, for example, you have 5 surveys with scores 5, 5, 5, 1, 1, you will get a 60. And if you have 5 surveys with scores 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, you will get a 60. 4s are treated the same as 1s

Aznfarmerboi is probably working in an ideal cvs store, or he is on his way to become Rx supervisor. I see he does have some valid points, but he also is out of touch with the reality. As a floater, i have floated in ideal stores with techs that know what they are doing, and the clientele is much more educated and is more likely to pick up their new scripts, which increases kpm. On the other hand i have also floated at stores where the techs lack basic training, and can't perform basic tasks without keeping asking you what to do. Such stores only have 1 or 2 good techs. Imagine filling over 400 scripts at those stores. Of course service will suffer. There are customers who come with 1o scripts and want them filled in 15 minutes. That is not possible when you have 10 pages in QP.

Aznfarmerboi is probably working in an ideal cvs store, or he is on his way to become Rx supervisor.

He's just parroting the emerging leader (lol) talking points, and under the misguided impression that anyone really cares. I hate to tell him, but another big chunk of budget money to be cut sooner or later is the actual rx supervisor position. Now that the rph shortage is over, its pointless to pay rph salary for a glorified recruiter. The DM can handle harrassing the district over metric measures just fine on his own.

He's just parroting the emerging leader (lol) talking points, and under the misguided impression that anyone really cares. I hate to tell him, but another big chunk of budget money to be cut sooner or later is the actual rx supervisor position. Now that the rph shortage is over, its pointless to pay rph salary for a glorified recruiter. The DM can handle harrassing the district over metric measures just fine on his own.

I don't believe that the RX sup position is going to be going away. Too much for the DM to do alone. As to whether or not the salary will be cut and the positions filled by non-RPh, that's a different story.

Too much for the DM to do alone.

You're probably right in that he'd need an assistant. The guy here works all day, every day already. He's actually a decent man, and his job sucks just as much as ours does. I wonder how high up the food chain you gotta go before you are treated like a human being.

Actually, FYI your math is wrong. The score is not a numerical average of the survey responses. It is actually what percent of surveys give you 5s or Yes scores.

So if, for example, you have 5 surveys with scores 5, 5, 5, 1, 1, you will get a 60. And if you have 5 surveys with scores 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, you will get a 60. 4s are treated the same as 1s

Right. But lets say you have one survey that has one 4 and the rest 5 plus five surveys that are all 5s. Your average for the month is not an 80. Which is what the poster I quoted said it would be.

Right. But lets say you have one survey that has one 4 and the rest 5 plus five surveys that are all 5s. Your average for the month is not an 80. Which is what the poster I quoted said it would be.

I was talking about when you said "that 80 would average with all those 100s". There is no 80. It is either a 100 or 0.

In fact, the poster you quoted described the scoring system accurately and correctly. You may want to reread the quote.

The relevant portion:
You can get 4 surveys of 5's each, then get one with a 3 or 4, and your MTD goes to an 80 automatically just from 1 survey.

There is definitely some reading comprehension problems as well as totally false information. Receipts only print at the register for First Fill Counseling. They are supposed to print if you don't get enough surveys, but I have not seen it w/o FFC. One 4 in one category will not bring down the score except in that category unless the customer gave you a 4 in everything. If you only get 5 calls per month, you are screwed. The good thing is if you have a month like that it's easy to overcome as the score is cumulative for the year. It's not hard to train your staff to acknowledge someone when they come to the counter or drop off if you can't get to them right away. It's also easy to say their name, you have the rx or the bag or the computer. Just say thank your Mr. Fussbucket.

As to the value of the numbers. They have hard data that people who give 5's spend more money, don't transfer their rxs and don't even consider your competitors compared to people who don't. Besides it's what they want. They pay me a boat load of money. If they want me to be nice to people, it's really not a problem.

Reactions: 2 users
I was talking about when you said "that 80 would average with all those 100s". There is no 80. It is either a 100 or 0.

In fact, the poster you quoted described the scoring system accurately and correctly. You may want to reread the quote.

The relevant portion:

Not correct. One 4 in one survey would not bring your monthly score to an 80.

Not correct. One 4 in one survey would not bring your monthly score to an 80.

I took MTD to mean month to date in the individual metric you got the 4 in (which would be an 80). Not that the overall monthly score would be an 80.

There is definitely some reading comprehension problems as well as totally false information. Receipts only print at the register for First Fill Counseling. They are supposed to print if you don't get enough surveys, but I have not seen it w/o FFC. One 4 in one category will not bring down the score except in that category unless the customer gave you a 4 in everything. If you only get 5 calls per month, you are screwed. The good thing is if you have a month like that it's easy to overcome as the score is cumulative for the year. It's not hard to train your staff to acknowledge someone when they come to the counter or drop off if you can't get to them right away. It's also easy to say their name, you have the rx or the bag or the computer. Just say thank your Mr. Fussbucket.

As to the value of the numbers. They have hard data that people who give 5's spend more money, don't transfer their rxs and don't even consider your competitors compared to people who don't. Besides it's what they want. They pay me a boat load of money. If they want me to be nice to people, it's really not a problem

"They pay me a boat load of money". I wish i could say the same thing

As to the value of the numbers. They have hard data that people who give 5's spend more money, don't transfer their rxs and don't even consider your competitors compared to people who don't. Besides it's what they want. They pay me a boat load of money. If they want me to be nice to people, it's really not a problem.

Nope. I have SEEN the receipt say SSS with my own two eyes. If your store doesn't have enough emails on file, it will print SSS mycustomer (the entire questionnaire survey) on the receipts. A store like mine, which is in a neighborhood in which barely anyone has a computer, much less email, reflects that.

aznfarmerboi
you work at very busy stores that have technicians at every workstation. have you worked alone or with one tech for extended periods? I worked at a semi-busy CVS not too long ago and I had almost a tech at every workstation, it wasn't bad at all. when I floated to other CVS, that's when all hell broke loose. 90% of the CVS I floated to had little to no help. if there was help, it was a newly hired tech that was more of a hindrance. I quit right around the time they were transitioning to "my dashboard".

now, I'm at a national grocery pharmacy that gives me 4 FT + 2 PT techs DAILY. guess what? I don't need some survey to tell me I'm providing good customer service or not. I will gladly provide top-notch service on top of MTM, immunizations, cholesterol screening and whatever they want me to do. why? because they give me ample help. I have floated at well over 30 stores and always have had ample help. can't say the same for CVS.

I want to know what company provides 6 technicians in a single day. I work for a grocery chain, and even if we did 600/day at a drive thru store, we wouldn't get that much tech help. Must be nice.

aznfarmerboi

Actually... Since I graduated, I have worked in 4 stores as pic and floated at least in thirty stores. Sparta can confirm I float to pick up OT...

Once again, as you and other posters said.. It can be good or bad. My experience is that it depends on the leadership... And the attitude. I have been to cvs where it was one new tech or a store manager and me filling 300 ex. Unlike some people, I don't blame cvs. I blame the pharmacy manager of that store. I have been to many stores where people say they can not be fixed but I fixed it overnight by doing things the right way and understanding the metric.

For example, people automatically enrolling ready fills is ******ed. Customers get mad, we fill un necessary scripts, and we waste ******ed time returning it to stock. All that for 5 pts?.. I went into a store, addressed, and fix it. We enroll the right scripts to keep things in stock and fill on own time, less phone calls (people don't call us to refill stuff cuz it's already filled or call us to yell at us for filling it without permission), less pcq calls, and less day 14s. I did this via doing things the right way.... And still manage to get 4/5 pts on rdyfill... And >90 on Kpm from (54 lytd).

Once again, I don't say things I don't believe in. I have been in retail pharmacy for 10 years now.

I want to know what company provides 6 technicians in a single day. I work for a grocery chain, and even if we did 600/day at a drive thru store, we wouldn't get that much tech help. Must be nice.

My current store that does 4000 do..

The rx supervisor role will always be around..., but what does that have to do with anything....

The rph shortage is over... So it's time for us to change. Gone are the days where we can just verify and not worry about anything. Now it's about managing a pharmacy...- and we get paid well to do that.

Aznfarmerboi is probably working in an ideal cvs store, or he is on his way to become Rx supervisor. I see he does have some valid points, but he also is out of touch with the reality. As a floater, i have floated in ideal stores with techs that know what they are doing, and the clientele is much more educated and is more likely to pick up their new scripts, which increases kpm. On the other hand i have also floated at stores where the techs lack basic training, and can't perform basic tasks without keeping asking you what to do. Such stores only have 1 or 2 good techs. Imagine filling over 400 scripts at those stores. Of course service will suffer. There are customers who come with 1o scripts and want them filled in 15 minutes. That is not possible when you have 10 pages in QP.

I feel you... But I float a lot. I made 50k in Ot last year. I am in 4k volume store, but have managed a few stores from 1800-2300, and opened new ones.

As my previous pts says, it's up to the PIC to train the techs.... And manage that. I float at stores where a year later, the tech still only knows pick up...

If the customer service is bad, that is to be expected... The resolution to fix that customer score is to train the techs, transfer experienced techs, and ask for interns while managing customer expectations. We all have customers who want ten scripts in 15 mins. I just explained to them that I will do my best to rush them out.., there are a few ppl ahead of you, and I can text you when it's ready..., but a more realistic time in 30-45 mins to make sure I fill this safety.

I have been to stores where techs will tell the customer to come back in two hrs which pisses the customer off bc they may not know why, or techs who say np.. 15 mins... And the customer ends up screaming because it's not ready.

A customer who has a "bad experience" because of something your pharmacy did wrong is a "bad customer" who's opinion does not deserve to be heard?

So to be clear, you think everyone else cheating on surveys (which is widely accepted by normal people as just another thing to do, like waiting bin) is an unholy offense that rightfully ends some careers. But your dishonest manipulation of information as described above is totally acceptable because it is part of your pursuit to someday be an rx supervisor.

Are you assuming I want to be rx supervisor...?? Where did I say that.

A customer who has a bad experience is more than welcome to let me know, because I can't fix it if I don't know about it.

And yes it is true as bad customers do rate the store more than good customers. Who in the right mind will tell them to call in the complaint. If I do get an un happy customer. I focus on making the customer happy by finding solutions so that it won't happen again..., and telling them to feel free to come to me. This doesn't make me a corporate tool bc I care about my customers. I'm doing this like I would do at an independent.

How ever to compare this vs to another where people are cheating by doing the surveys them selves.. Or enrolling people on rdyfill without permission and in clear violation of cvs policies do deserve to get fired. Those people IMO are dangerous...

you're right about the attitude. my home store at CVS was great. but I was working 20+ hours/week of premium time. and 90% of the pharmacies I floated to, poorly trained and poorly ran. how do u expect a floater to come in for a shift and train the techs up? nah, I went looking for a new job and got out ASAP because my supervisor was trying to "promote" me to PIC at a problem store. no thanks on the "promotion"

best believe I have 6 techs daily on weekdays, I make the schedule :)
about 1800 Rx weekly and 220-230ish tech hours. I'm PIC now but I have time to do all my paperwork during my shift so it's no problem