CVS ready when promised metric?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6GodPharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have done endless searching on this metric and just can't hit it. We hit everything else on we care but we average about a 86% on ready when promise (target 88%). We don't change any times in QT or QP. Hardly anything ever turns red. I just don't get it. What is causing this number to drop? Does the QI effect this? Rebills? Any help would be appreciated. We usually hit 95-98 on our Wecare and it's this ready when promised that is affecting our score.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I have done endless searching on this metric and just can't hit it. We hit everything else on we care but we average about a 86% on ready when promise (target 88%). We don't change any times in QT or QP. Hardly anything ever turns red. I just don't get it. What is causing this number to drop? Does the QI effect this? Rebills? Any help would be appreciated. We usually hit 95-98 on our Wecare and it's this ready when promised that is affecting our score.
People have suggested that prescriptions put on hold keep their original promise time. Then when you fill it a week or month later, it is past due.

People have suggested that prescriptions put on hold keep their original promise time. Then when you fill it a week or month later, it is past due.
I'm not sure if this is true. We had inventory not to long ago so we couldn't fill until it was done. We put everything that was going to expire on hold and reprocessed them later in the day when inventory was done and we could fill. For that Wecare we hit a 86.2% on ready when promised. This metric just seems like a glitch to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are forced to edit the promise time, it's a lost cause. You will notice this for on-hold Rx.

"Perfect" WeCare stores get 91-92% so don't sweat it.

If you are forced to edit the promise time, it's a lost cause. You will notice this for on-hold Rx.

"Perfect" WeCare stores get 91-92% so don't sweat it.
I see, so basically only run around would be to literally have nothing on hold and cash stuff out thats not covered? Which would lead to a decrease in new script pickups and there goes your pcq. Gotta love the game of the metrics

I see, so basically only run around would be to literally have nothing on hold and cash stuff out thats not covered? Which would lead to a decrease in new script pickups and there goes your pcq. Gotta love the game of the metrics
Not unless they pay the cash price. If you edit it, you've then missed the original promise time.

Not unless they pay the cash price. If you edit it, you've then missed the original promise time.
So just we have this right, if you put something on hold and a patient calls a week later and wants it you get dinged because you change this promise time?
Would it help to schedule stuff thats too soon rather than putting it on hold? I think this is something that might be happening with us. Would this help us reach ready when promised?

So just we have this right, if you put something on hold and a patient calls a week later and wants it you get dinged because you change this promise time?
Would it help to schedule stuff thats too soon rather than putting it on hold? I think this is something that might be happening with us. Would this help us reach ready when promised?

If your WE Care is in the 90's, don't worry about a thing.

If your WE Care is in the 90's, don't worry about a thing.
You're right. I think i'm just sweating the small stuff. I see other teams in our region with 100 on wecare and set that expectation at my store but need to realize not all stores built the same. Some drivethrus and different volumes

You're right. I think i'm just sweating the small stuff. I see other teams in our region with 100 on wecare and set that expectation at my store but need to realize not all stores built the same. Some drivethrus and different volumes

My district consistently has 4 pharmacies that get 100 on WeCare. How is that even possible without cheating the system?

My district consistently has 4 pharmacies that get 100 on WeCare. How is that even possible without cheating the system?
From what i've seen (helped at some and seen kpm) they do around 1100-1400 a day with no drive thru. So I don't think they cheat the system, they're just set up better not to fail.
Qt- just have everyone help in and type or type yourself when you see your techs busy. Free 30 points here to be honest.
Properly set waiters expectations- just hit w and nothing else. Let the system decide the time.
Prescriber calls-free up one of your techs to make the calls. I usually take over qp and qv and have my tech make the calls.
Prescriber voicemail- this is a freebee. Just check the voicemails. I've been with the company for almost 8 months and I might have had 3 go over the 15 minutes.
Ready when promised - don't edit any time. I honestly from what i've seen think only low volume stores actually hit it. We are #1 in our district and get 86% and still don't hit the 88%. Region wise there are about 5 teams hitting it because in our region we have about 5 100 wecare stores. We are highest in our district, would love to be the top in the region but I can't hit this metric

Reactions: 1 user
If a script is on hold print the image and then delete it and start it as a new script?

If what the other posters said about on-hold scripts is true maybe you could change the promised time to 1 month away before you put it on hold that way when you go to fill it the origional promised time hasn't passed yet? If that doesn't work I'd just ignore the problem and take the hit. Re typing the script would work but honestly isn't worth the time/effort.

QI could also be hurting you. Maybe make the promised time 2-3 days away but still fill them as you get the meds?

Either way your score is already good.

My store gets 100 on WeCare pretty often and we do nothing to cheat the numbers; just use common sense and prioritize QT.

Edits compromise the original promise time. The system doesn't care if you have medical offices spamming Rx that are 3 weeks too soon. I suppose scheduling is one way to go about this... If you rebill something already in the waiting and it's past the promise time, you are also forced to edit the time.

The way to get 30 points is never get anything in red.

Do top stores get a WeCare plaque of achievement or something?

Edits compromise the original promise time. The system doesn't care if you have medical offices spamming Rx that are 3 weeks too soon. I suppose scheduling is one way to go about this... If you rebill something already in the waiting and it's past the promise time, you are also forced to edit the time.

The way to get 30 points is never get anything in red.

Do top stores get a WeCare plaque of achievement or something?

No but you don't have some DM breathing down your neck. Actually I take that back, I have seen plaques in stores before.

If you're store is over 80 in WeCare, you're doing great. Don't sweat a few points here and there. My store has had Wecare in the 50s to 90s. Anything above 75 is a smooth week.

I don't think so because you'd schedule it after it rejects with a promise time within the next 9 days. If this theory is correct, it should not be possible to get a perfect score.

I don't think so because you'd schedule it after it rejects with a promise time within the next 9 days. If this theory is correct, it should not be possible to get a perfect score.

I wonder it it still counts against you if you link it to an existing script? Though I assume people would already be doing this anyways when/if the system prompts it.

I wonder it it still counts against you if you link it to an existing script? Though I assume people would already be doing this anyways when/if the system prompts it.
It's a mystery. As I said, this is all based on a theory posted on this board somewhere.

If it's due in 15 minutes, and you get it ready in 10 minutes, that's no good. It won't count for shi* towards your metrics. CVS wants you to get it ready in 5 minutes, and then the metric will be met at 100%. It will always be ready when promised.

If it's due in 15 minutes, and you get it ready in 10 minutes, that's no good. It won't count for shi* towards your metrics. CVS wants you to get it ready in 5 minutes, and then the metric will be met at 100%. It will always be ready when promised.
I'm confused. How is that no good? You still got it ready before it expired so how do you not get points for ready when promised?