CVS rehire and vacation time.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are rehired after a 6 week layoff, when the hell are you supposed to be able to collect vacation time? 3 months in and I still can't take a damned day off.

Members don't see this ad.

It's common practice now to not offer PTO for the first 12 months even after a rehire. They are sneaky when it comes to this. They will use any excuse to reset your time of hire so as to make you start all over again.

This is the way of things now. Neofeudalism.

I broke down and called the mothership. I was supposed to get vacation starting in March. They got me the document. DOC- 011416, Reinstatement of Previous Service Policy, Section 3.4:

3.4. Vacation. Re-hired Employees eligible for vacation will receive pro-rated vacation for the current year beginning on the 1st of the month following their re-hire date through December 31st using their Benefit Service Date. As of the following January 1st, the vacation allotment is determined according to the Vacation Policy.

"A service ticket is out."

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if this rehire policy applies to those who have left Cvs and return years later...

I broke down and called the mothership. I was supposed to get vacation starting in March. They got me the document. DOC- 011416, Reinstatement of Previous Service Policy, Section 3.4:

Find out what your Benefit service date is. This is what they like to play games with. I would do this before any interaction with HR.

"A service ticket is out."

If you are rehired after a 6 week layoff, when the hell are you supposed to be able to collect vacation time? 3 months in and I still can't take a damned day off.

did you receive a severance pay? if so, vacation shouldn't be an issue. they already paid you thousands n thousands of dollars for 6 weeks you were off. ppl working 15 years don't even get 6 weeks off.

did you receive a severance pay? if so, vacation shouldn't be an issue. they already paid you thousands n thousands of dollars for 6 weeks you were off. ppl working 15 years don't even get 6 weeks off.
I got 3 weeks of severance, then 6 weeks of unemployment. And I'd much rather have just kept my job the entire time.

Reactions: 1 user
I got 3 weeks of severance, then 6 weeks of unemployment. And I'd much rather have just kept my job the entire time.
Did you get a pay cut from going from overnights to regular hours?

Does time as a tech/intern count towards building vacation if you are non-union and don't even get vacation as a tech/intern?

Sorry this happened to you, but you shouldn't be surprised in the least. Larry will save $ any way he can and he don't give 2 ****s about your vacation.

Here's the response from the ticket:

Hello, We are unable to process your service request due to the following reasons:
1) To allocate the Vacation Hrs , we need to bridge the Service date as rehire date is within year of termination.
2) For this change employee cannot request for self.
2) Requestor must be employee’s authorized HRBP.
3) Please contact your HBBP to submit the new request. This Service Request has now been closed. Any changes or additions need to be submitted on a new request. Thank you. CVS Health myHR Service Center Toll-free Number: 1-888-694-7287 (888 MY-HR-CVS) Monday-Friday, 8:00am-8:00pm EST and Sunday, 7:00am-4:00pm EST.

The heck is a HRBP and/or HBBP?