CVS RxConnect

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabapentin

Drug dealing 4 life!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone that works at CVS hear anything more about the new system? My tech trainer said a rollout of sometime in October. They updated Learnnet with some demos: We won't have to pull On Holds when the patient wants it filled!!! I'm excited just for that feature.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh man! I've been waiting for someone to post about this!

Come on people, spill the details...

Not a lot of details yet. It's still in beta and I would expect the roll out to begin after the first of the year.

• True Central System
  • Multiple address for a single patient
  • Multiple phone #s for a patient
  • Automatic P/A queues
  • Enhanced drug search
  • Automatic action notes
  • Much much more
Coming to a theater near you......

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a lot of details yet. It's still in beta and I would expect the roll out to begin after the first of the year.

• True Central System
  • Multiple address for a single patient
  • Multiple phone #s for a patient
  • Automatic P/A queues
  • Enhanced drug search
  • Automatic action notes
  • Much much more
Coming to a theater near you......

Coming to a theater near you.....about 20 tech hours cut out of your budget because you can run so much more "efficiently" with the new computer system...Good luck, you're going to need it.......

Is the central call center being integrated in this as well and why the hell cant PCI be done by a computer?

Is the central call center being integrated in this as well and why the hell cant PCI be done by a computer?
Because a computer can't discuss over-due medication, it requires human interaction. If you embrace ready fill, your PCI calls will decrease....

Is it WINDOWS based?????????????????????????

I'm coming back to CVS after a nightmare experience with Walgreens. The last time I touched CVS computers was in 2007. I gotta say Walgreens computer system is pretty nice, but I love CVS as a company. If their new system has a GUI then that would be icing on the cake!

I don't think it is Windows based. It looks like Rx2000 but with nicer colors. I can't wait for the days when the screen isn't purple and blue.

So how's everyone doing with ReadyFill?

I'm coming back to CVS after a nightmare experience with Walgreens. The last time I touched CVS computers was in 2007. I gotta say Walgreens computer system is pretty nice, but I love CVS as a company. If their new system has a GUI then that would be icing on the cake!

It's similar to the current system, same key shortcuts. You'll be able to toggle between different windows. There still won't be any mouse or cursor involved. They're implementing the most common suggestions/complaints from technicians and pharmacists.. so it should be pretty nice.

It's similar to the current system, same key shortcuts. You'll be able to toggle between different windows. There still won't be any mouse or cursor involved. They're implementing the most common suggestions/complaints from technicians and pharmacists.. so it should be pretty nice.

Shoot. I was hoping it would be the McKesson system we're learning on at school. Someone said that is what CVS is switching to.

It will NEVER be Windoze based. A Linnux/Unix box is way more secure than Windows...

It will NEVER be Windoze based. A Linnux/Unix box is way more secure than Windows...

Agreed. I just want a better GUI than the BSODs that they have now. I only call them BSODs because all I ever see are pages and pages of que.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. I just want a better GUI than the BSODs that they have now. I only call them BSODs because all I ever see are pages and pages of que.

It will look prettier and cleaner....

Does anyone know how CVS does their MD calls? Does the computer automatically send Refill Requests via fax?

Does anyone know how CVS does their MD calls? Does the computer automatically send Refill Requests via fax?

It sends it via fax or electronic and if neither of those is available, it's a voice call.....

My Store In Southern California Recently went live with the RxConnect system today. First, IT DOES run on a Windows-type of operation system. It's browser is Mozilla Firefox. The system is current in Test phase in 300-Select CVS/pharmacy stores in the country, so it is not running very fast. According to the Conversion Team, the system will first be rolled out to the soon to be converted Longs Drugs Stores, but by the end of the year, it will be in all the stores. There are some advantages and disadvantages, but once you start to learn the system and when it runs at is fast processing speeds, it is better the Rx2000

My Store In Southern California Recently went live with the RxConnect system today. First, IT DOES run on a Windows-type of operation system. It's browser is Mozilla Firefox. The system is current in Test phase in 300-Select CVS/pharmacy stores in the country, so it is not running very fast. According to the Conversion Team, the system will first be rolled out to the soon to be converted Longs Drugs Stores, but by the end of the year, it will be in all the stores. There are some advantages and disadvantages, but once you start to learn the system and when it runs at is fast processing speeds, it is better the Rx2000

It does NOT run on the Windows operating system. It is still a Unix/Linnux OS. It does have Windows like functionality. Mozilla Firefox is the browser in the current system for accessing the Intranet

Shoot. I was hoping it would be the McKesson system we're learning on at school. Someone said that is what CVS is switching to.

Which McKesson system are you guys using?

Oh a PA queue and the elimination of On-Hold scripts? Ingenius! Oh wait, no, they should have done this years ago. Seriously whose idea was On-Hold scripts? Totally void of any use whatsoever. Must have been some ****** beancounter in Woonsocket.

Our district had its first regional meeting last tuesday. Pretty stupid the whole 25% then 35% readyfill bs. Most ready fills end up on our 14 day because despite our calls and the automated call, customers dont get them.

Anyways, other news was that the new software is now indefinitly on hold due to some major crashing at some of the dallas stores that were beta testing it.

Coming to a theater near you.....about 20 tech hours cut out of your budget because you can run so much more "efficiently" with the new computer system...Good luck, you're going to need it.......

So true. I also have a dickey DM who adds 30-40 scripts to our weekly budget and believes we can actually reach it by utilizing PCI (really does not work), 90 days fill (while we lose 2 months rx and not to mention other things since they wont come in to refill creams and lotions), and customer service (while they cut our tech help by 10 hours a week).

Anybody else feeling the pain? Lets admit it, these things do more to hurt the stores goal than to increase it. The best way to get extra script is to have a better pharmacist.

So true. I also have a dickey DM who adds 30-40 scripts to our weekly budget and believes we can actually reach it by utilizing PCI .

I don't know any store in our district that met their script goals in 08. Maybe 1 CVS and thats because CVS bought scripts from an independent that closed down. Right now we are doing about 150 more a week than last year but they wanted it to be 400 more. Unrealistic especially if your in an area where there is no new development and your not a new store.

Hi guys-
I came across this via Google. I'm a tech from store 442 in Hooksett, NH. We were the first store to use the system.
First off: don't believe anything your DMs tell you. The system is not "amazing", and certainly not comparable to Walgreen's.
My pharmacist recently transferred from Walgreen's, so that is how I make my comparisons to that.

First off, let me outline the system: it is merely Rx2000 with a GUI. Though it's not really that different, just much easier to look at. The same queue structure (QA, QT, QP, QR, etc etc). It is NOT Windows-based, as everyone says. It runs a version of Linux with the few windows skinned like XP. Yes, it does use Firefox, and no, no internet. Though the browser can be accessed via any screen at any time now.

The On Hold architecture works great. As you have all been talking about. That's probably the best part of it so far.

Currently, the system runs a bit faster than launched. But we've been through hell and back. Some days, the systems third party decides to die. We get "technical errors" back from all the Rx's.
-Automatic PAs don't work
-Automatic refill request faxes are not reliable (depends on the build...we've been getting a LOT of complaints lately)
-Third party medicaid is a mess. You need to manually add the MD's NPI # on the additional info screen 98% of the time, then reprocess. With 2 insurances, medicaid rejects and you must enter the other payer ID and date of payment in the field. Every time.

I'll give them credit for the YEAR it's taken to get where we are now. We have achieved Rx2000 functionality. The system is about half the speed of 2000. The system crashes a lot. Prescripton's statuses change without action (i.e. print ready to verify ready...without scanning)

Basically, every time they roll out a feature, they break another. The system is a mess, hopefully starting to fix the kinks and make it just plain work. Your roll-outs have been delayed due to local crashes, central crashes, and the disgustingness of the system. It was outsourced to India, where they put a "pretty face" on Rx2000. And broke it in the process.

Oh yeah, we have gotten to the point where we do not bother calling in issues to the help desk... I mean helpless desk. They've now been trained to convince you that each report is being acted on. That's a load of bull, by the way.

I'm convinced CVS is not concerned at all with long-term viability and is doing everything it can to maximize short-term profits. Tom Ryan needs to go.

I'm convinced CVS is not concerned at all with long-term viability and is doing everything it can to maximize short-term profits. Tom Ryan needs to go.

I was going to say "that's why a pharmacist should be in charge of the company", but then I wikipediaed Tom Ryan and found out he has a Pharmacy degree. :eek:

I was going to say "that's why a pharmacist should be in charge of the company", but then I wikipediaed Tom Ryan and found out he has a Pharmacy degree. :eek:

The problem is once a pharmacist rises above the level of pharmacy manager they are no longer a pharmacist. They are a businessman. This idiot probable hasn't practiced pharmacy in 20 years. He is completely out of touch with what going on.

Just converted today and the system is incredibly slow. the system freezes off of E-scripts when the quantity is wrong. anybody know why the system prints another hardcopy when you print a label from the print queue? (so far i narrowed it down to only e-scripts that does that)

Does any one know if the new system makes it easier to tell what state the rx is in..? Like if it's on shelf or already picked up there should be a flag in the profile that says y/n for picked up. Cause right now it's a pain to do. You know that call.. Do I have anything ready and something was filled 5days ago. That flag would make everything so much easier and seems like a really easy fix but I am sure it's probably not there cause they probably don't have a pharmacist input.

From what I've heard it is possible to more easily tell the status of an Rx at a different store now, but that positive is outweighed by the myriad negatives of any new system as of yet. They are still working out the kinks.

Does any one know if the new system makes it easier to tell what state the rx is in..? Like if it's on shelf or already picked up there should be a flag in the profile that says y/n for picked up. Cause right now it's a pain to do. You know that call.. Do I have anything ready and something was filled 5days ago. That flag would make everything so much easier and seems like a really easy fix but I am sure it's probably not there cause they probably don't have a pharmacist input.

yeah that process is a lot easier to tell now, the "s" status screen will show if the script is sold, waiting bin, scan ready, print ready.... selecting the line number will bring up details like when it was sold and allows for hardcopy viewing. but it's slow as hell.

I dont know. Besides Tom Ryans being a nice guy and from what I heard, knowing everybody by name in Corporate and in retail stores in RI, he presided and led CVS to become the top retail chain. CVS stocks has doubled almost every few years.

If anything, we need more Tom Ryans. At least they are not pushing centralize filling stations like Wags is. Unlike Wags that invented drive thrus, Tom Ryan pushed for clinics. Tom Ryan definitely is the lesser evil here.

The new Rx Connect system is sweet we just went live today. It makes life easier, pretty much the same ( as always read the screen it literally guides you and tells you what to do ). It was a good day for us not too hectic.

There are some things that are a little different but there are some AWESOME new features as well! I love it so far!

Anyone still doing this is definitely not at a 24 hour store. It's all about F9!

What a ******* system.

Great idea...and when you make an error and they check the original hardcopy against the screen print, you're screwed. Just because it's typed in doesn't mean it's right...no pharmacist saw it before it was put on hold, remember? It sucked having to pull the hard copy, but you really do need to do it.

RxConnect is rolling out in our district right now. Conversion is a pain in the ***** and the first few days suck, but after that it's way better!!

Wow, somebody dug up an old thread in order to post some new and relevant information...Incredible!!:eek:

Wait...does this mean the search button's NOT broken?!?

Goddamn this is like the sixth thread I've seen that's more than 4 months old come back from the dead. Why don't they autoclose old threads?!

Goddamn this is like the sixth thread I've seen that's more than 4 months old come back from the dead. Why don't they autoclose old threads?!

Because at a later time someone may come forward with new relevant information that can add to the previous discussion

Can someone out there using the new CVS system post some info on how to resolve the insurance errors -- the online training did not talk about them anywhere and we r supposed to solve them instantly and satisfy the customer??
I would appreciate any info on this vexing issue.
thanks
xyz

Can someone out there using the new CVS system post some info on how to resolve the insurance errors -- the online training did not talk about them anywhere and we r supposed to solve them instantly and satisfy the customer??
I would appreciate any info on this vexing issue.
thanks
xyz

what rejects?

Yes. The rejects from the third party for various reasons - the most common ones- I do not have a list.
If a re-fill is too soon; or the selected 3rd party was not the correct one in Rx2000 we had PrevPaid - what is the equivalent in RxConnect.