CVS Techs/Intern/Pharmacists Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sakket

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

For Rxnet, I recently encountered a reject from a claim for a product not being covered by Medicare part D. I was wondering if a prior authorization will allow the product to be covered? I called HealthNet and they said the product would not be covered.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

When you call the plan, ask for an alternative. Call the doctor and let him know and call the patient to keep them up to date on the situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

For Rxnet, I recently encountered a reject from a claim for a product not being covered by Medicare part D. I was wondering if a prior authorization will allow the product to be covered? I called HealthNet and they said the product would not be covered.

Thank you!

There are classes of drugs which are excluded by law for Medicare part D coverage (benzos, vitamins, OTC's, etc.) There is nothing a doctor can do to get these drugs covered, because the law forbids it. The patient will have to pay cash, or do without (they can probably find a discount card on-line to get the drug cheaper, but most of the drugs in the non-covered classes don't cost that much anyway.)