D.P.M. or go for the D.O.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People believe that OMM helps, and to those people, I don't think they face any moral dilemma when pursuing that degree. However, if a person does not believe (i.e. "buy into") OMM as actual healing, I would think they would have a hard time convincing themselves to get a DO instead of an MD.

I think you're just pulling at hairs now. It's obvious that your opinion is a little biased, which is understandable considering you're a podiatry student. The medical field has become homogenized. Many DO's practice evidence based medicine while maintaining the four basic Osteopathic Principles. Likewise, MD's, to a certain extent, integrate these principles as well.

Members don't see this ad.

For some closure on this thread, I'm currently attending NSU-COM as an M1 and am very happy with the route I have taken. Thanks everyone for participating and I hope the discussion continues and will help those who are on the fence.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

For some closure on this thread, I'm currently attending NSU-COM as an M1 and am very happy with the route I have taken. Thanks everyone for participating and I hope the discussion continues and will help those who are on the fence.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
it really is not difficult to get into surgery as a DO. matching into an ortho residency as a DO is just as difficult as an MD.

with that said, i think podiatry is an awesome field. i would not worry too much about prestige...just buy a corvette.

Reactions: 1 user