DACA Pharmacy Student Loan Help. Sallie Mae and other banks reject us.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VV1941

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am a student that was provided with a work permit through DACA (Deferred Action), this is similar to the Dream Act except that we are not provided citizenship nor Visa. They only provide us with a two year permit to reside in the country without being expelled.

I am to start Pharmacy school at UIC this Fall 2014. When applying for loans, many have rejected me because I do not have a credit history (we were just provided with a Social Security number) and Sallie Mae is not allowing me to apply because I do not have a I94 form nor any other type of Visa.

I am becoming very nervous because no one seems to know how we could possible afford a graduate programs. Scholarships are very helpful but I cannot fully count on them to pay a full ride.

Please, if anyone has been able to obtain loans, let me know !

Members don't see this ad.

I would talk to your school, they want your money, so if there is any way to get a loan, your school will figure out a way for you to get the loan.

In the future....I recommend you make sure you can afford something before you buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.