Dalhousie Pharmacy 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Manjusri: Have you applied before? I have, and still have gotten a call/letter yet but my GPA is good...I was hoping there was some kind of trend. My friend got a call but hasn't gotten a confirmation e-mail yet. Remember, it ain't over till the interviews are over (or we receive a letter in the mail that says we are rejected prior to interviews). There is still time. Best of luck

Members don't see this ad.

Manjusri: Have you applied before? I have, and still have gotten a call/letter yet but my GPA is good...I was hoping there was some kind of trend. My friend got a call but hasn't gotten a confirmation e-mail yet. Remember, it ain't over till the interviews are over (or we receive a letter in the mail that says we are rejected prior to interviews). There is still time. Best of luck
Hi Wordref, I have not applied before, but I thought my GPA was good enough to at least garner me an interview. I have a cGPA of 3.64/4.0, not the best but not the worst. I have a full 4 year degree though, and as the days have gone by, I have been considering that they may be weighing first year courses a lot more heavily than I originally anticipated. Glad to hear there is someone like me still waiting (well, not glad, but you get it). Oh and I am a maritimer. All the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoops, Nope haven't gotten one yet...so actually my bad

Reactions: 1 user
@Wordref Oh okay, I retract my previous statement then haha. Let me know if you hear anything about calls for interviews being over. I know it's not over ''till the fat lady sings' (ie rejection letter), but even now, I feel like it would be ridiculous to be given notice of an interview only a week before the actual interview. My optimism only held out for so long..haha

Yea, If I remember from last years thread or the year before one post said that they know people who got a call the week of. Its tough and annoying but just got to wait it out, see what happens. You have a good GPA, I don't think you have much to worry about in my opinion, might be just the luck of the draw

@Wordref Alright well, I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything, and please do the same for me. It truly is an agonizing time, I'd rather just know one way or the other so I can stop thinking about it. Best of luck!

Just got my call a few moments ago. When I said people know people you get calls the week of, I never thought I would be one of those people...thats nuts

Hi Everyone!

I am applying with a 4 year degree. My cgpa is 4.05/4.3

Good luck in the interview!!

Hi Everyone!

I have an interview Saturday morning, it's my first time applying.

Hope to meet some of you there! Good luck!

Last edited:
Good luck everyone with your interviews this weekend! Hopefully I will get to meet some of you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope everyone's interview went well. A couple questions: Does anyone know if we are suppose to send in our transcripts with this terms marks? Also, I know it won't be for a bit but does anyone know around when we will hear if we got accepted? Thanks!

Yes, they re-evaluate with this terms marks (deadline June 30..I believe). Last year, a few applicants were emailed their acceptance mid-June, most people know their status by the end of July. However, if wait-listed an applicant could be accepted as late as August.....long way to go in other words

Am I the only one who is tired of waiting??.. feels like its taking forever.

Am I the only one who is tired of waiting??.. feels like its taking forever.
Patience is key young padawan...also tired of waiting but long way to go

Does anyone know if we get emailed or do we just get a letter? I know physio has just been released as emails.

I'm pretty sure offers are released as emails. From previous years the first round of offers usually goes out around June 20th or so.

Hi everyone! I was just checking my application summary on Dal Online and noticed that my application status has changed from a blank field to "Decision Made" with the decision as "Written Notification to Follow". I understand acceptance/rejection letters are not sent out until mid-June, but I am wondering if anyone else's application status has changed?

Good luck everyone :)

Mine also says that! I wouldn't mind knowing soon haha, one more month.

Mine also says that!
my status said that before the interview. That does not mean you are admitted. It just means you will get a written notification. If it meant admitted it will clearly say "admitted"'

Mine also said written notification to follow before, but now in addition it says "decision made" (it changed last week). Hopefully we'll hear back soon if the decisions are made!

It's a relief that at least some of us will be hearing back this month! Just a few more weeks.

I know that it doesn't mean we are admitted. Mine didn't say that before my interview, so I was just saying that mine now says "decision made."

How does everyone think their interview went, anyway?

I just checked my application summary too, I have been checking it for the past 2 weeks. Only today i noticed it changed to "decision made".

How does everyone think their interview went, anyway?

Some stations were a little bit awkward to think about let alone answer. My interviewers had great poker faces so it's difficult to know how I did. Good overall I guess

I found it hard to tell how I did in the interviews too. Has anyone inquired about when the first round of letters will be sent out? I'm so anxious to find out! :)

I found it hard to tell how I did in the interviews too. Has anyone inquired about when the first round of letters will be sent out? I'm so anxious to find out! :)

A friend of mine is calling Margaret tomorrow

So I called Margaret. She said the "decision made" thing just means they made a decision to give you an interview. And they will start mailing people about the results in 2 weeks

Does anyone know when they will call your references?

Just mail or will they email too?

They may do what they did last year emails for the first round and regular mail for the rest I believe. Margaret did say "mailing" , could be all mail this year. I really wish they would just email..it is the 21st century after all. I was thinking about calling and asking " Can I opt in to be contacted by email in regards to my application". But, I'm too chicken and I don't care when I find out that much to put in the effort. Someone else can try and let us know how that goes;).

I was told they only contact your references if the score for 2 candidates are very close in the end,so likely they won't contact them at all.

Do they send out 90 offers in the first round of letters, and then wait for those people to accept or decline before they send any rejection letters?

Do they send out 90 offers in the first round of letters, and then wait for those people to accept or decline before they send any rejection letters?

Based of last years forum first person to get any notice was June 19th by email my rejection letter was dated June 28th. I think its more or less simultaneous that wouldn't be efficient to wait on people to respond. They know people that are for sure accepted and for sure rejected right off the bat and then some debate comes in.

Based of last years forum first person to get any notice was June 19th by email my rejection letter was dated June 28th. I think its more or less simultaneous that wouldn't be efficient to wait on people to respond. They know people that are for sure accepted and for sure rejected right off the bat and then some debate comes in.
oh and they do it bunches I'd say maybe 30-60 applicant a pop both accepted/rejected(Just a guess) every couple weeks from the first round

Just mail or will they email too?
well when I called Margaret I asked her if they will email us or mail us, she said MAIL. So i dont think they will email anyone which sucks

Last edited:
I called Margaret today 100% regular mail "it would be too much to do both"

Does anyone know how long it usually takes before all the offers of admission are sent?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes before all the offers of admission are sent?

I believe they send out the first round of offers and then continue to do them in "waves" over the following weeks as people send in spring marks and/or accept and decline offers. The class usually is not "finalized" until very close to when classes begin due to people accepting and then withdrawing for various reasons etc.. I have a friend who got an offer 3 days before class started last year.

If you get waitlisted it's basically a waiting game!