Dalhousie Pre-pharmacy 11-12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oh gosh..assuming i get one, mine might be here monday!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh ok haha I live in Halifax and didn't get anything either unfortunately.

Congrats! Mind if I ask what year you are in and GPA?

I was accepted as well! Good luck you guys, I hope you get good news too!

I was accepted as well! Good luck you guys, I hope you get good news too!

so youre from halifax right? aka i shouldnt be nervous that i didnt get anything? hahaha
congratulations!!!!! mind refreshing us on your GPA and how you thought your interview went?

What were your guys' stats?! (year, time applying and gpa)

so youre from halifax right? aka i shouldnt be nervous that i didnt get anything? hahaha
congratulations!!!!! mind refreshing us on your GPA and how you thought your interview went?

Thanks! and yes I am from Halifax so don't worry haha

This was my second time applying so last year my GPA was around 3.74 and the interview went alright (they said I needed to improve on my interview score). This year my GPA was 3.8 and I felt like the interview went a lot better. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! and yes I am from Halifax so don't worry haha

This was my second time applying so last year my GPA was around 3.74 and the interview went alright (they said I needed to improve on my interview score). This year my GPA was 3.8 and I felt like the interview went a lot better. Good luck!!

great thanks :) hopefully see you in Sept!

Lots of good news in this thread, hopefully the rest of us can keep that up!

I just got my acceptance letter as well.
Good luck to everyone!

Good luck tomorrow, hope we get some word for those of us who have not heard yet.

No mail for me today! Didn't really expect anything though - hopefully tomorrow.

Got my acceptance letter today, beyond excited! Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to everyone waiting!

I just got my acceptance letter. My GPA is 4.27/4.30 and I'm from New Brunswick. I'm in first year, and the interview went very well, in case anyone is curious about my stats. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Last edited:
Hello All,
First time poster, long time lurker on this site. I just got my acceptance letter from Dalhousie today and am way off in the prairies here in Winnipeg. I fortunately got accepted at U of Manitoba and will more than likely be attending there. If people like collecting those stats I have a 4.15/4.5 GPA but kinda felt really neither here nor there about the interview as I had some massive jet lag. I have to say I really had wonderful and too short time in Halfiax, what a wonderful city. Congratulations to everyone who already got accepted and hopefully everyone hears some great news to kick off their summer. All the best and take care.

I'm really starting to think I didn't get in! Disappointing.. but Congratulations to everybody :D

Didn't get anything today either.. Congrats to all

I have a question for those who received their acceptance letters... How would I get my immunization records?

Got my letter this morning. Did not get accepted unfortunately.
First year student, GPA 3.8/4.3 felt VERY good with the interview, was very confident. Disappointing to have to do another year now. Does anyone know how the wait list works? Would it have stated it in my letter? Margaret is out sick today.. Congrats to everyone

Got my letter this morning. Did not get accepted unfortunately.
First year student, GPA 3.8/4.3 felt VERY good with the interview, was very confident. Disappointing to have to do another year now. Does anyone know how the wait list works? Would it have stated it in my letter? Margaret is out sick today.. Congrats to everyone

Oh no :( I'm sorry to hear -- I think I am in the same boat though. If you figure out how the wait list works, let me know please. All the best.

Thanks :( Kind of frustrating because I'm the only one who got declined it looks like on here!

Thanks :( Kind of frustrating because I'm the only one who got declined it looks like on here!

Don't worry, I'm at work all day and have a feeling today is the day for bad news. It's super frustrating..will keep you posted

No mail for me again today, guess I must be on the waiting list or something...

Yea you must be. People have until June 30th to submit summer marks and then they decide the remaining people. With that being said you're very close and will probably be on the wait list regardless

@hope2012 -- what abou you? I see you're online right now, just curious :)

Yea you must be. People have until June 30th to submit summer marks and then they decide the remaining people. With that being said you're very close and will probably be on the wait list regardless

Yeah, I think I am...I'm from NS so I feel I would have got
My acceptance/rejection by now. And I had an 89 average for pre reqs so idk..

damn rejected with a 3.8 GPA? makes me wonder if i should find something else ive only got 3.48 after first year. and I am just continuing on as if im going for a bio degree (didnt apply for pharm this year though), however chem would probably be more useful for pharmacy.

What courses should I take next year now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're just finishing up first year correct? I just finished second, and if you want to chat about classes feel free to PM me. However, I went in the chemistry direction. Took biochem and organic my second year, along with analytical chem. I suggest if you haven't already - take physics, as that makes you eligible to apply to Memorial and other pharm schools!

damn rejected with a 3.8 GPA? makes me wonder if i should find something else ive only got 3.48 after first year. and I am just continuing on as if im going for a bio degree (didnt apply for pharm this year though), however chem would probably be more useful for pharmacy.

I'm not sure who you're refering to - as I can't see all the posts on my phone, but all hope isn't lost as I didn't get a definite rejection yet!!!

I'm not sure who you're refering to - as I can't see all the posts on my phone, but all hope isn't lost as I didn't get a definite rejection yet!!!

i was talking about Hope2Be lol. good luck to you though!

does anyone know of anyone getting in with a mediocre GPA? i can hopefully get it up to 3.6-3.7 next year.

i was talking about Hope2Be lol. good luck to you though!

does anyone know of anyone getting in with a mediocre GPA? i can hopefully get it up to 3.6-3.7 next year.

I remember reading last years thread where someone had a 3.2 on a 4 scale and was accepted! Or perhaps that was the year before!! But it's possible :)

The guests lurking here should sign up and give us an update assuming they applied? Pretty please?

hahaha I've been lurking so I guess I should post! I got my acceptance letter yesterday and I am in NB. My GPA was 4.0/4.3 and I am a first year. Came out of my interview thinking it went okay, not horrible but not amazing by any means. Can't wait to meet you guys in the fall!

cGPA: 3.9

I was accepted!! I'm just wondering though--i was offered an amazing opportunity to travel for a year so if i reject their offer and reapply next year, will that look bad on me?

It's not like I've changed as a person, I've just worked really hard for the past 4 years to get my stats--and realize i want to travel before i really hit the books (again).

I guess I'll post my stats just cause everybody's posting... I'm from Halifax, GPA is 85%, already finished my B.Sc a couple of months ago, and the interview went okay