damage control

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epsilonprodigy

Physicist Enough
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I just found out that I got a B+ in orgo II. Shouldn't be a big deal, but here's my history:

Orgo I: C
Orgo I retake: B+
Orgo II: withdrew with a W because of work conflicts
Orgo II this semester: B+

I am applying this cycle and am taking MCAT in July. I wasn't planning on taking any classes in the fall, but now I feel that I should because I'm at such a high risk for not getting in. My post-bacc sciences have all been A's except for those mentioned above. In my "real" undergrad days, the sciences I did take were:

Bio: C (freshman year, 2001)
A&P I: B (2003)
Chem I: A (2004)

My overall sGPA is only 3.4ish. I am petrified and just wondered if anyone had any damage control advice that I might not have thought of. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have upper-division biology classes? If not, I would take one or two to counter-act your C in biology.

Also, in your shoes, I would take biochem. It would be nice to show from a C in Orgo I, to a B+ in II, you then pulled an A in biochem.

Given your overall science GPA, I think you are in a position to apply. If you had told me the rest of your classes weren't As, I'd suggest doing more, but since that is not the case, focus on the MCAT.