DAT biology Cliffs AP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hydraling

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I were to memorize everything from page 1 of Cliffs to the very last page, would I be able to get 20+ on the test? (aka. 4-5 wrong out of 40; correct me if I'm wrong):thumbup::scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I think you could probably miss ~8 problems and still end up with a 20. I'd say that memorizing Cliff's could get you that 20. However, I'd also recommend buying Barron's AP biology and memorizing it, too. They're mostly just overlap, but Barron's is an easier read and they both have some sections that are stronger than the other. Oh, and Barron's AP is cheap on amazon.

I used Barron's AP, Cliff's AP, and the Destroyer for biology. The Destroyer was overkill. I think I knew Barron's and Cliff's pretty dang well and they gave me what I needed to answer the questions. I scored a 30.

I recommend coupling AP biology with the questions and explanations in Destroyer. Its a bad habit to only study facts from the AP biology book. Its best to apply the facts by doing questions.

I think you could probably miss ~8 problems and still end up with a 20. I'd say that memorizing Cliff's could get you that 20. However, I'd also recommend buying Barron's AP biology and memorizing it, too. They're mostly just overlap, but Barron's is an easier read and they both have some sections that are stronger than the other. Oh, and Barron's AP is cheap on amazon.

I used Barron's AP, Cliff's AP, and the Destroyer for biology. The Destroyer was overkill. I think I knew Barron's and Cliff's pretty dang well and they gave me what I needed to answer the questions. I scored a 30.

I just ordered the DAT Barron's book 2013 (4th edition) online for $12! Based on what I've read I hear there's a lot of mistakes though. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't use Barron's DAT. I used Barron's AP bio. I've seen the DAT book before though and it didn't seem very comprehensive. For 12 bucks, though, I bet it can't hurt too much.

I think the questions and practice tests in the two AP bio books were sufficient, but that's just what worked for me.

I didn't use Barron's DAT. I used Barron's AP bio. I've seen the DAT book before though and it didn't seem very comprehensive. For 12 bucks, though, I bet it can't hurt too much.

I think the questions and practice tests in the two AP bio books were sufficient, but that's just what worked for me.

oh sorry I meant AP Barron's BIO.
Barron's just seem to have a lot of mistakes in general.
When I took the SATs that was the case as well although I managed.

but cool :) I just ordred my barron's book to supplment cliffs!thxxx