DAT Bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flossit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy dat Bootcamp for 20%off through school dental club. Guys do you think it is worth it? How helpful it will be in studying? And how close it is to real dat? Anyone please!

Members don't see this ad.

Very worth it. I think it's structured identically to the way the DAT is. After completing all of the practice tests in boot camp the real test won't look so overwhelming. This is all my opinion, but boot camp definitely reduced some nerves during the actual DAT since everything looked familiar.

Reactions: 2 users
The DAT Bootcamp is the number one reason I improved my DAT score by 4 points the second time I took it. BUY IT!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's harder than the actual DAT, so just don't let it hurt your confidence is you're not doing great

Reactions: 1 users
DAT bootcamp is my savior. I'd go door to door converting people to it.

I tell everyone to use DAT Bootcamp. I've turned people off of the more expensive programs based on how well Bootcamp works.

I have an opportunity to buy dat Bootcamp for 20%off through school dental club. Guys do you think it is worth it? How helpful it will be in studying? And how close it is to real dat? Anyone please!

Boot camp is great for Sciences, their reading is more complicated than the real one (grading scale is easier for reading part) However, their PAT is incredibly hard and not representative. Use PAT for time management practice but buy crack the DAT for PAT part only (this is the true asset for PAT part).

Edit: Their PAT is not representative because it makes you judge the relative positions of subtle different key holes to figure out the right answer. In the real deal, key holes show apparent difference not like subtle difference.

Bootcamp is great source but also use Qvault to supplement to the questions as well as achiever, or (crack the dat science sections) so you keep reinforcing your science.

BEst of luck bro or sis

What is the best way to study DAT Bootcamp? Take them like a practice test within two weeks before your test? Or slowly take a bio test and learn from it say spending two hours post-test and learning the answer choices and all?

Reactions: 1 user
What is the best way to study DAT Bootcamp? Take them like a practice test within two weeks before your test? Or slowly take a bio test and learn from it say spending two hours post-test and learning the answer choices and all?

you dont learn answer choices to the questions you got wrong. I used Feralis note. Just memorize all of it to the best of your ability. Use DAT bootcamp, the part you got wrong, go back to this area on Feralis note and memorize that part again. Continue on.

Take them spread out your studying. Special Note : relax up near test date, do not burn yourself out of fuel near test date. I am super serious

I took the tests and then went back and studied the answers I got wrong. I never used feralis. Bootcamp gives you a pretty good explanation as to why an answer is right or wrong.

With Bootcamp, destroyer, Chad's videos, and feralis notes, you should get at least 20 in chem, ochem and bio

With Bootcamp, destroyer, Chad's videos, and feralis notes, you should get at least 20 in chem, ochem and bio

I agree, I got 20+'s on my sciences because of all Chad, Bootcamp, and destroyer.

I only used Bootcamp and Kaplan Purple book and got AA - 22 PAT - 24. I thought bootcamp was very good practice.

I just took Bootcamp test 5 to see where I am for now and did DAT math destroyer for the math portion test (all timed)

AA: 18 TS: 19 Bio: 20 Chem: 19 OC: 19 PAT: 16 RC: 17 QR: 17

I have not done much math studying yet so I am not too worried. RC is my weakest and I know I will never get to a 20 so i am content with a 17

What do you all think about my sciences? Should I just continue DAT Destroyer and do that 2x total?

Should I wait to take all DAT bootcamp two weeks before my test?

PAT I am really bad at TFE and keyholes.... i guessed on all pattern folding cause I ran out of time. I am going to review all of test 5 today and learn from it then continue DAT destroyer and math destroyer

Also!! I only did half of cliff notes.... should i just read feralis for the remaining of bio. I did not finish bio review but did finish other science review with chad and all

My test is on May 27

Thank you again!!!!

Last edited:
Yes OP, get Bootcamp! Super worth it.

I just took Bootcamp test 5 to see where I am for now and did DAT math destroyer for the math portion test (all timed)

I have not done much math studying yet so I am not too worried. RC is my weakest and I know I will never get to a 20 so i am content with a 17

What do you all think about my sciences? Should I just continue DAT Destroyer and do that 2x total?

PAT I am really bad at TFE and keyholes.... i guessed on all pattern folding cause I ran out of time. I am going to review all of test 5 today and learn from it then continue DAT destroyer and math destroyer

Also!! I only did half of cliff notes.... should i just read feralis for the remaining of bio. I did not finish bio review but did finish other science review with chad and all

My test is on May 27

Thank you again!!!!

You should really focus on getting that PAT score up. I personally used just Bootcamp, but I heard Crack DAT PAT was very good practice too. Really try to zip through full length tests and look over topics you are having the most difficulty with. Good luck!

My test is on May 27

Thank you again!!!!

On the actual DAT, I found the pattern folding to be very simple. For the Keyholes, they were very difficult. Like very weird shaped objects. I think I guessed on like 5. The TFE was very similar to bootcamp. You really have to practice. Try picturing the object in 3d. I was terrible at first but then I found them to be very easy. I got a 20 on the PA so I may not be the go to person for advice on this section, but those are my two cents.
Watch this for TFE:

On the the BIO, you should at least read all of cliffs because you must know all the material on there since everything is fair game. I read cliffs once and did destroyer and got a 22 on the actual. I scored significantly higher on bootcamp though. Bio is a crapshoot, and your score depends on what questions you get.

For chem and ochem, do as many problems as you can. Practice makes perfect. That's all I did and I got a 22 and 24, respectively, on the actual DAT.

For QR, I would honestly get 22/40 write on destroyer and got a 20 on the actual DAT. Just practice your timing.

For the reading, are you able to read the whole passage or do you have a problem with comprehension? I thought the actual DAT was way easier that Bootcamp because it had more search and destroy questions.
I averaged 20 on RC but got a 22 on the actual DAT.
I would read each passage and answer questions as I read. Find the best method that works for you.

You have a month! You can do this, Good luck!

Since I only have five weeks left I am only focusing on Destroyer for Chem and Ochem and it's nice practice with a little review here and there with my Chad's notes.

I am sure you are right with the Bio but it's very time consuming to read a chapter of Cliff's notes and it literally takes half of my day, 6-7 hours, to finish a chapter with notes and/or notecards. That's why I though to just stick with destroyer and practice and learn there. Well I will give cliffs another try and finish from where I left off around evolution.

When reviewing PAT bootcamp do you all take a long time? I spend around 4-5 hours just reviewing mistakes cause it takes me forever to even understand the question and why the right answer is right... and sometimes I till cant understand why :(

Should I just read bio cliffs notes and do DAT Destroyer for OC/GC until my test and takes DAT Bootcamp two weeks before???? or spread it out more?

Thanks again. I just have a hard time accessing when is a good point to say I think i can score a good 19AA 19TS

Last edited:
Since I only have five weeks left I am only focusing on Destroyer for Chem and Ochem and it's nice practice with a little review here and there with my Chad's notes.

I am sure you are right with the Bio but it's very time consuming to read a chapter of Cliff's notes and it literally takes half of my day, 6-7 hours, to finish a chapter with notes and/or notecards. That's why I though to just stick with destroyer and practice and learn there. Well I will give cliffs another try and finish from where I left off around evolution.

When reviewing PAT bootcamp do you all take a long time? I spend around 4-5 hours just reviewing mistakes cause it takes me forever to even understand the question and why the right answer is right... and sometimes I till cant understand why :(

Should I just read bio cliffs notes and do DAT Destroyer for OC/GC until my test and takes DAT Bootcamp two weeks before???? or spread it out more?

Thanks again. I just have a hard time accessing when is a good point to say I think i can score a good 19AA 19TS
Do what you feel is most beneficial to you. I would recommend reading all of cliffs asap. Then do bio bootcamp. The questions you get wrong, go back and review that section.
For pat, there are practice problems that you can do. Like theres modulators that give you random questions. You really have to practice. When I reviewed, I would get the hole punch and cube counting all correct, so I wouldn't review those since I felt like I knew what to do. But when I first studied for pat, it would take 3-4 hours.
I think you should do at least two Chen and o Chen exams from bootcamp right now since their questions are more representative of the actual exam. Destroyer questions were more difficult. Just get an idea of what you're up for.

Sorry!!! but I have a question. If somebody could help me. How can I purchase the video chards? Do prices change? it is now paying avery month 50 dollars?
thanks