DAT Breakdown 04/12/14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tcufrof824

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Took the DAT today and thought I would provide a breakdown.
AA: 26
TS: 26
OC: 29
GC: 24
Bio: 26
RC: 28
QR: 22
PAT: 22

Materials used:
Chad's General Chemistry Videos
DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer 2014
Cliff's Biology
Ferali's Notes
DAT Bootcamp
Crack DAT PAT
Kaplan Blue Book (Barely)
2007/2009 ADA exams

I'm a junior and I'll be applying this cycle. I started studying over Christmas break with just reading Cliff's and KBB every day to learn what was going to be on the DAT.

Biology:
I read the Cliff's originally over winter break, and then re read chapters on plants and immune system plus all of Ferali's notes to reinforce the couple days before. The 8 weeks before today, I would do about 40 Biology questions every other day until I finished all 500+. At first, Destroyer was very difficult but if you review the solutions carefully, you will learn almost everything. On the actual exam there were questions that seemed directly from Destroyer.
One done with Destroyer, I dove into the Bootcamp practice tests. Bootcamp is very representative of what the test will be like. My average score was probably around 23-24 on each of the 5 bootcamp biology tests.

GC:
First watched Chad's videos and did the quizzes after every lecture. Finished the videos about two months before today and then focused on Destroyer and Bootcamp problems. My average on bootcamp exams were around 22-23. On the actual exam, there were more conceptual questions than calculations.

OC:
Didn't buy Chad's videos because I felt good from my organic classes from sophomore year. Dove right into destroyer questions. The reactions on destroyer were way more in depth than anything I saw on the exam, but definitely worth it to get a complete understanding. Used Bootcamp tests to practice and averaged 24-25.

PAT:
On the actual exam, the keyhole problems were more difficult than anything I had seen before. I probably marked half of the keyholes. Everything else was similar to CDP and bootcamp questions.

RC:
I've always felt confident in my reading comprehension so I didn't prepare much for this section. Completed a few bootcamp exams in addition to the 2007 and 2009 tests.

QR:
Was a bit surprised this score. I thought I had gotten a much easier math section than what I was used to with Bootcamp and Destroyer tests. No ellipse or circle questions, a couple tough trig identity questions.

Other notes:
The 2007 and 2009 tests were very representative of the actual exam, with PAT being harder on the actual exam.
sGPA: 3.76
oGPA: 3.81

I would recommend all the materials I used, minus KBB. I only used it as a brief intro into all the different sections.

Members don't see this ad.

OMG, what is with people in the past couple of weeks absolutely destroying the DAT? Great job!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
Took the DAT today and thought I would provide a breakdown.
AA: 26
TS: 26
OC: 29
GC: 24
Bio: 26
RC: 28
QR: 22
PAT: 22

Materials used:
Chad's General Chemistry Videos
DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer 2014
Cliff's Biology
Ferali's Notes
DAT Bootcamp
Crack DAT PAT
Kaplan Blue Book (Barely)
2007/2009 ADA exams

I'm a junior and I'll be applying this cycle. I started studying over Christmas break with just reading Cliff's and KBB every day to learn what was going to be on the DAT.

Biology:
I read the Cliff's originally over winter break, and then re read chapters on plants and immune system plus all of Ferali's notes to reinforce the couple days before. The 8 weeks before today, I would do about 40 Biology questions every other day until I finished all 500+. At first, Destroyer was very difficult but if you review the solutions carefully, you will learn almost everything. On the actual exam there were questions that seemed directly from Destroyer.
One done with Destroyer, I dove into the Bootcamp practice tests. Bootcamp is very representative of what the test will be like. My average score was probably around 23-24 on each of the 5 bootcamp biology tests.

GC:
First watched Chad's videos and did the quizzes after every lecture. Finished the videos about two months before today and then focused on Destroyer and Bootcamp problems. My average on bootcamp exams were around 22-23. On the actual exam, there were more conceptual questions than calculations.

OC:
Didn't buy Chad's videos because I felt good from my organic classes from sophomore year. Dove right into destroyer questions. The reactions on destroyer were way more in depth than anything I saw on the exam, but definitely worth it to get a complete understanding. Used Bootcamp tests to practice and averaged 24-25.

PAT:
On the actual exam, the keyhole problems were more difficult than anything I had seen before. I probably marked half of the keyholes. Everything else was similar to CDP and bootcamp questions.

RC:
I've always felt confident in my reading comprehension so I didn't prepare much for this section. Completed a few bootcamp exams in addition to the 2007 and 2009 tests.

QR:
Was a bit surprised this score. I thought I had gotten a much easier math section than what I was used to with Bootcamp and Destroyer tests. No ellipse or circle questions, a couple tough trig identity questions.

Other notes:
The 2007 and 2009 tests were very representative of the actual exam, with PAT being harder on the actual exam.
sGPA: 3.76
oGPA: 3.81

I would recommend all the materials I used, minus KBB. I only used it as a brief intro into all the different sections.

Congrats! What schools are you planning to apply to?

Congrats! What schools are you planning to apply to?
I'm a Nebraska resident, but go to school in Texas. I'd love to stay in Texas, so I studied a ton for DAT so I could increase my chances as an OOS student. I'll also apply to Nebraska and Creighton. Now that I'm done the DAT, I'm going to do some more research and talk to friends and family to pick out some other schools to apply to.

I'm a Nebraska resident, but go to school in Texas. I'd love to stay in Texas, so I studied a ton for DAT so I could increase my chances as an OOS student. I'll also apply to Nebraska and Creighton. Now that I'm done the DAT, I'm going to do some more research and talk to friends and family to pick out some other schools to apply to.

Oh nice! You have a really good shot in getting into a Texas school. I am also applying to Texas.

Wow sick scores. Did the destroyer and cliffs do the trick? I keep hearing those names and I myself am using those products. It's sometimes easy to get overwhelmed by all the products on the market!

Reactions: 1 user
Wow sick scores. Did the destroyer and cliffs do the trick? I keep hearing those names and I myself am using those products. It's sometimes easy to get overwhelmed by all the products on the market!
Cliff's, Destroyer, and Feralis were great for Biology. There weren't any questions that I wasn't familiar with on the exam cause of those products. Also would recommend Bootcamp for actual practice tests because Bootcamp's wording of the questions is very similar to the real DAT.