DAT Breakdown 25AA 25TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedestroyerdat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just sharing my scores - took the DAT 14/05/14.

AA 25
TS 25
PAT 22

They don't seem to show the percentages on mine like I have seen on a few posted around here.

Study Length:
Started studying way back in September with Chad's videos but took a massive break to get my start up going. After I had that running I started to study again at the start of March. Educational background - I have a degree in Chemistry. Total study time: 6 weeks.

Materials Used:
Dat Destroyer 2012
Math Destroyer 2013
Ferralis Notes/Cliffs AP Bio
DAT Bootcamp
DAT Qvault (bio section only)
Crack DAT PAT

GC
Being a Chemistry major I found this section pretty easy to study for. I had watched Chad's videos back in September so I just reviewed the notes I had taken (couldn't take the quizzes) and moved onto DAT Destroyer. Destroyer is probably overkill but it does not hurt to be over prepared. After finishing that I went through the Bootcamp tests. Stumbled on about 1-2 on the real exam.

OC
Again, being a Chemistry major this wasn't a very tough section for me. Used Chad's videos as a refresher back in September so I reviewed the notes I had taken (without doing his quizzes). DAT Destroyer then Bootcamp. The actual exam section was even easier than Bootcamp, with only a few reactions. Destroyer is probably overkill here again but you never know.

BIO
This was the section I was most worried about. I started with Cliffs AP bio then went onto Ferralis notes. I started with the DAT Destroyer, and then moved onto the QVault Bio section. After that I finished off by going through the Bootcamp questions. The actual section on the exam was easier than all the previous tests I had gone through. A LOT of sections were not even touched upon. Every question could have been answered with just Cliffs with the exception of maybe one random q.

QR
Reviewed with the notes I had taken from chad's videos then went through the math portion of the DAT destroyer. After that I went through about 6 tests in Math Destroyer and ended with DAT Bootcamp. I found DAT Bootcamp to be much harder than anything you see on the real test and I wish I had just stuck with more Math Destroyer tests. Finished with about 5 minutes left, the difficulty of this section is probably between DAT Destroyer questions and Math Destroyer questions.

PAT
Started with CDP (6 tests) then moved onto Bootcamp. I feel that CDP was more representative here than Bootcamp. I would score pretty low on Bootcamp but ended up around my average for CDP. I wish I had taken a few more CDP tests instead of the Bootcamp tests. Struggled with time here as I always tend to do with the PAT section. I guessed on about 3 TFE questions which is the section I always leave to the end.

RC
Just did the 5 tests with DAT Bootcamp which was enough for me to prepare. Strategy: Read about the first 5 questions and then go through the passage, answer the ones that come up and finish reading. Then answer the rest. Passages were fairly straightforward, a bit easier (and a lot shorter - one of my passages only had 7 paragraphs!) than Bootcamp. Finished with about 7 minutes to spare.

Additional Notes:
Never took any full length exams but time wise/mental fatigue I felt fine.

I have about a week subscription left to QVault (bio) if anyone wants it for free. As well as some time on DAT Bootcamp.

Anymore questions feel free to ask!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just sharing my scores - took the DAT 14/05/14.

AA 25
TS 25
PAT 22

They don't seem to show the percentages on mine like I have seen on a few posted around here.

Study Length:
Started studying way back in September with Chad's videos but took a massive break to get my start up going. After I had that running I started to study again at the start of March. Educational background - I have a degree in Chemistry. Total study time: 6 weeks.

Materials Used:
Dat Destroyer 2012
Math Destroyer 2013
Ferralis Notes/Cliffs AP Bio
DAT Bootcamp
DAT Qvault (bio section only)
Crack DAT PAT

GC
Being a Chemistry major I found this section pretty easy to study for. I had watched Chad's videos back in September so I just reviewed the notes I had taken (couldn't take the quizzes) and moved onto DAT Destroyer. Destroyer is probably overkill but it does not hurt to be over prepared. After finishing that I went through the Bootcamp tests. Stumbled on about 1-2 on the real exam.

OC
Again, being a Chemistry major this wasn't a very tough section for me. Used Chad's videos as a refresher back in September so I reviewed the notes I had taken (without doing his quizzes). DAT Destroyer then Bootcamp. The actual exam section was even easier than Bootcamp, with only a few reactions. Destroyer is probably overkill here again but you never know.

BIO
This was the section I was most worried about. I started with Cliffs AP bio then went onto Ferralis notes. I started with the DAT Destroyer, and then moved onto the QVault Bio section. After that I finished off by going through the Bootcamp questions. The actual section on the exam was easier than all the previous tests I had gone through. A LOT of sections were not even touched upon. Every question could have been answered with just Cliffs with the exception of maybe one random q.

QR
Reviewed with the notes I had taken from chad's videos then went through the math portion of the DAT destroyer. After that I went through about 6 tests in Math Destroyer and ended with DAT Bootcamp. I found DAT Bootcamp to be much harder than anything you see on the real test and I wish I had just stuck with more Math Destroyer tests. Finished with about 5 minutes left, the difficulty of this section is probably between DAT Destroyer questions and Math Destroyer questions.

PAT
Started with CDP (6 tests) then moved onto Bootcamp. I feel that CDP was more representative here than Bootcamp. I would score pretty low on Bootcamp but ended up around my average for CDP. I wish I had taken a few more CDP tests instead of the Bootcamp tests. Struggled with time here as I always tend to do with the PAT section. I guessed on about 3 TFE questions which is the section I always leave to the end.

RC
Just did the 5 tests with DAT Bootcamp which was enough for me to prepare. Strategy: Read about the first 5 questions and then go through the passage, answer the ones that come up and finish reading. Then answer the rest. Passages were fairly straightforward, a bit easier (and a lot shorter - one of my passages only had 7 paragraphs!) than Bootcamp. Finished with about 7 minutes to spare.

Additional Notes:
Never took any full length exams but time wise/mental fatigue I felt fine.

I have about a week subscription left to QVault (bio) if anyone wants it for free. As well as some time on DAT Bootcamp.

Anymore questions feel free to ask!

Hey great scores! I was planning to buy Bootcamp and Qvault because my test is on the 28th. Can I please use your subscription?

Congratulations on those fantastic scores!
I have couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:
1. Because you had very limited time, did you take notes on bio while reading cliffs/Ferali's, or did you simply read? I ask because I take notes while reading and find it terribly time consuming.
2. Speaking of bio, which sections would be the most high yield to focus on, regarding your specific test?
3. I haven't watched Chad's for QR, did you find it very helpful? I've been doing some DAT Destroyer problems and I've certainly learned all of this before, but I find it difficult to recall how to set up a few of the problems under the time constraints (it took me an hour to do 40 problems last night and I got about 85% correct).

Hey great scores! I was planning to buy Bootcamp and Qvault because my test is on the 28th. Can I please use your subscription?

Hey Harleen message me!

Congratulations on those fantastic scores!
I have couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:
1. Because you had very limited time, did you take notes on bio while reading cliffs/Ferali's, or did you simply read? I ask because I take notes while reading and find it terribly time consuming.
2. Speaking of bio, which sections would be the most high yield to focus on, regarding your specific test?
3. I haven't watched Chad's for QR, did you find it very helpful? I've been doing some DAT Destroyer problems and I've certainly learned all of this before, but I find it difficult to recall how to set up a few of the problems under the time constraints (it took me an hour to do 40 problems last night and I got about 85% correct).

1. I did not take notes but this is how I've always read textbooks. If taking notes works for you please continue to do so! Everyone learns differently so I can't tell you to take notes or not to take them. I did make sure I understood all the concepts but did not focus too much on plants or biological diversity. I just found those sections to be very boring and unrelated but did know the basics.
2. I had zero plant questions and about 1 from biological diversity. BUT I have read breakdowns where the person did have a few on each of those sections. I would just know the basics of those sections/what I had learned from doing questions. A lot of my questions were from about the first 7 chapters of Cliffs.
3. Chad's QR section was basically an easy way review. He did talk about how to set up a few types of the word problems but other than that it was more of just a quick refresher. I do highly recommend using the Math Destroyer though. Time wise I found I took sometimes 10 minutes extra but by my 3rd to 4th test I was finishing within 45 minutes with only 2 mistakes. Some of the questions were exactly the same from the math destroyer. Bootcamp here was a bit too difficult I found myself running out of time a lot but for the sciences Bootcamp rocked!

Nice scores. Well done. You showed everyone that if you put in the time and hard work, you can accomplish what you want. Congrats.

Few people asked for a rating of each material through PM so I thought I should post it.

Dat Destroyer 2012 (9/10 - bit over the top but good practice)
Math Destroyer 2013 (10/10 - slightly harder but question types seem on point)
Ferralis Notes/Cliffs AP Bio (10/10)
DAT Bootcamp (10/10 for the sciences and RC, 7/10 for QR, 7-8/10 for PAT - a lot more challenging than the real thing but a great practice tool with the generators that supply endless questions)
DAT Qvault (bio section only) (10/10)
Crack DAT PAT (9/10)