Dat breakdown. 8/19/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huskiesrule

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanna give a shout out to all the individuals that posted their breakdowns on here. Time to give mine.

BIO: 20
GChem: 21
Ochem: 23 :)
QR: 19
RC: 18 :(
PAT: 18 :(
AA: 20
TS: 21

Bio: Qvault and Bootcamp are the best. Honestly speaking having a strong bio background is the best way to get a 20+ on this section unless you wanna read Cliff's 5 times.

Gchem: I think Destroyer needs to stop being promoted to the extent that it is. CHADS AND BOOTCAMP=$$$$$

OCHEM; Once again CHADS+BOOTCAMP=best combo. Was hoping for a perfect score on this section. I guess I missed a couple questions.

QR: Not much to say. Review basic math, trig, geometry. I finished on time. Had to randomly guess on 4 problems i had no clue how to do. If you can't solve it move on to the next one. I got through 30 questions in the first 35 minutes. Had 10 marked with 10 minutes. SOlved 6 of them and had to randomly guess on 4. Got a 19.

RC: Okay. Really dissapointed here. Was hoping for a 20+. I would recommend Bootcamp's RC tests. Other than that, I've always had a weak reading comprehension ability and I was certain that would show up on my scores and it did. English is not my first language, possibly thats why.

PAT: :( I honestly thought I failed the sciences (got in the 17's in bio 18s in the chems) so I think my losing my confidence showed up on here. I hit 20's on CDP tests.

Keyholes: Some were doable and some were like WTF. I think I did the worst here. Defintley the hardest section
TFE: Not too bad. USE BOOTCAMP over CDP
Angles: Fairly Hard since most were pretty close.
Hole Punching: I usually got 13/15 on CDP tests but don't know what happened here. at 3-4 hard ones.
Cube: Normal. Not bad at all.
Pattern Folding: DAT BOOTCAMP are the best representitive of PF. I thought this was really easy if you can visualize how its folding.

Overall, I'm happy with a 21 TS, 20 AA, but the 18 PAT is definitely not the bright spot. ANy thoughts?

ALSO wanna give a huge shoutout to ARI of DAT Bootcamp. I hope he reads this. I felt his tests were best prep for the DAT. If I had done more practice tests from his RC and Bootcamp I would've had a 20+ on each of them for sure.

Also, CHADS IS THE DUDE FOR CHEMISTRY. I took Ochem 4 years ago. Had it to learn it from scratch and got a 23. So definitely doable.

Members don't see this ad.

Great job man...average score for matriculants is like 18-19....so you are ABOVE average :)...as long as you have a decent GPA you are solid dude. Also, you have nothing below a 17, which is a cutoff score for most schools...YOU ARE GOLDEN :D

BTW how did you do on your bootcamp/qvault tests ?

Sorry guys. forgot to post my qvault and other scores.

QVault Bio: 18/18/20/21/18. Didn't do the last 5 tests and just used the questions as flashcards. I think Dqault is VERY Realistic but slightly harder. My average was 19 so got +1.

Bootcamp Bio: 20/20/21/18/21 : THIS Is AT PAR with the difficulty.
Gchem: 25/22/20/21/20
oCHEM: 22/21/19/20/23:

2009 DAT: I got a 18 TS. Yes seriously. And i took this last week.

2007 DAT: 19 Bio/ 25 Gchem/ 30 Ochem. Didn't take the other sections.

Top Score 1: Bio 18/ Gchem 17/ Ochem 19/ 19 QR. Didn't do the PAT/ RC (Maybe I should''ve :)

Did you do the biology destroyer? I feel like it is too much extraneous information. I like the chemistry and organic destroyer though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked the first 30 problems of Biology Destroyer and stopped and used q vault and the questions are mostly structured as "All the above are true. All the above are false." I didn't get a single question like that.

The Destroyer Ochem is OVERKILL. So is the GCHEM. But nevertheless if you wanna do the extra practice go ahead. CHads and bootcamp is the best one in my opinion.

TFE was doable. I never used line counting to begin with. always tried to visualize the image. it worked worked to eliminate 1 or 2 answers every other problem. but if you solely rely on line counting your gonna struggle

i have been wondering why have people been saying lately that 'bootcamp' is all you need (on top o chad's ) for GC and OC. There are 5 tests each for GC and OC. Is it because the questions are structured similar to the real thing? The material is the same? There is only so much that is covered in those 5 tests. Can you elaborate on that? Thanks :))

Congrats with your scores! 18 PAT is good! Get some rest and enjoy the rest of the summer :) GL :)

How did you use Bootcamp? Did you like go through the 5 tests and then do the extra questions or did you do just keep repeating the questions? Congratulations btw!

So for Bootcamp, I went through each subtopic section in ochem and gchem and did the tests 1-5 a week before the exam. i feel this forum has been obsessed with destroyer for a while now, but I feel new sources like Bootcamp are worth a try. Chads videos are also a must for the chems. by videos I mean his QUIZZES and videos

Was the pattern folding section geared towards shapes or was patterns of the shapes? if you know what i mean.

I thought pattern folding was the easiest section besides cube counting on the real DAT. I would 5-6 shading problems.