DAT breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carlos atrian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT on April 17, 2014, but I got really busy with school until now so here is my breakdown:

PAT: 20
QR:19
RC:21
Bio:21
Gen chem: 22
Ochem: 21
TS:21
AA:21

Materials used:

PAT: Crack DAT PAT, DAT Achiever, DAT Bootcamp.I started with Crack DAT PAT, but I only did like 5 out of 10 tests. I think that DAT bootcamp provided good solutions with explanations, once you have gone through the solutions for DAT bootcamp, DAT achiever shouldn't be too hard. The actual PAT is a mixture of DAT Achiever and DAT bootcamp.

QR: DAT bootcamp, DAT Destroyer. I only did like 1 practice test from DAT Destroyer. DAT bootcamp provided good problems that were similar to the actual DAT. I wasn't surprised that this was my lowest score because I know I didn't put as much effort into this section as I should have.

RC:
Crack DAT, DAT Achiever, DAT bootcamp. I never really studied for this section, I only did a couple of practice tests over a 3 month period. I would like to say that DAT bootcamp provides good strategies for how to tackle the RC section. I did the vanilla method described by Ari from bootcamp, which is simple; you read the first paragraph twice and and then you read the entire passage and answer the questions.

Bio: DAT bootcamp, Cliffs AP bio, biology crash course (youtube), DAT Destroyer. I did all of the DAT bootcamps practice tests like 3 times and the questions are a good representation of what the actual DAT tests you on. I read like 3 chapters of the Cliffs AP bio book in my last 2 weeks before my exam. I watched the biology crash course videos in my last 2 weeks before my exam. Lastly, I only did about 50 questions on the DAT destroyer.

Gen chem: Chad videos, DAT bootcamp, DAT destroyer. It took me about 2 weeks to watch the chad videos for gen chem, I took very good notes while watching them and I just reviewed my notes afterward. I also did some of the quizzes Chad's videos come with. Again, DAT bootcamp provided good questions that are very very similar to those you will encounter in the DAT, there are more conceptual questions than actual calculation questions. I used DAT destroyer slightly because I felt that it was too hard and some of the questions were things that I never encountered on the DAT.

Ochem: Chad videos, DAT bootcamp, DAT destroyer. It took me about two weeks to go over the ochem chad videos and I also took very good notes, which I used to study for my DAT. I went over 200 DAT destroyer questions and went over the solutions carefully, but I never went through the DAT Destroyer completely. DAT bootcamp's practice test were good, they provided good solutions and also provided lab questions.

I studied for 10 weeks, about 5 times a week with varying times of study. Some days I spent the entire day studying, other days I studied about 1 hour. Overall I think that DAT bootcamp provides questions that are most similar to the actual DAT (and no I'm not getting paid to say this). Chad videos are great and they are a must. DAT destroyer wasn't that much of a must, but I'm sure if I would've gone over the entire book I would have probably got a couple extra points. I never studied too much for Biology, but being a Biology major probably helps. PAT only requires lots of practice. DAT Achiever is good for PAT, but I thought it was really unnecessarily difficult for the sciences so I only did 1 science practice test.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice job. Bootcamp scores compared to real DAT?
Thanks, below is a picture for each of the DAT practice tests that I took note of, I actually went over the tests more times than what I wrote down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 348
god!! this page has been here for a while and no one's probably not going to read my comment, but I just did the first DAT bootcamp, and I got 20 for bio Gchem, and O chem. They are lower than my previous real DAT score ....... What the f*** is wrong with my brain?!! I should not have decided to take DAT again. I am dooomed..:oops:

god!! this page has been here for a while and no one's probably not going to read my comment, but I just did the first DAT bootcamp, and I got 20 for bio Gchem, and O chem. They are lower than my previous real DAT score ....... What the f*** is wrong with my brain?!! I should not have decided to take DAT again. I am dooomed..:oops:
Relax. You were probably tired. Sleep on it and then try it again.