DAT compared to MCAT difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melmu001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is one is more difficult the MCAT or the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I heard MCAT is bit harder than DAT.. but I'm not 100% sure since I haven't looked in DAT

My friend was taking the DAT I glanced at their practice test. The science sections were only discrete type questions and for the most part seemed easier than the mcat discretes. Their verbal was only 2 passages from what I remember, but each passage had like 15 questions.

Math section allows calculator use and I think there was this logical section.

If you master the content you can ace the DAT because you don't have to worry about any passages

R u srs

Neither of them can compete with the SAT. Now that's the test of a real man.

Members don't see this ad :)
In terms of comprehensiveness alone, the MCAT destroys the DAT. I can't speak from experience, but the DAT is more straightforward in terms of testing style. From what I'm told, if you know the material, you'll score well. Also, their prep books are no where near as lengthy as what most MCAT prep books cover. With the MCAT, because of the emphasis on reasoning and logic, knowing your stuff well is only a fraction of what's needed to score well - part of the reason why people with high gpa's bomb the MCAT because they're oblivious to this.

In terms of comprehensiveness alone, the MCAT destroys the DAT. I can't speak from experience, but the DAT is more straightforward in terms of testing style. From what I'm told, if you know the material, you'll score well. Also, their prep books are no where near as lengthy as what most MCAT prep books cover. With the MCAT, because of the emphasis on reasoning and logic, knowing your stuff well is only a fraction of what's needed to score well - part of the reason why people with high gpa's bomb the MCAT because they're oblivious to this.
But it still doesn't compare with the SAT!! That's the real beast!!!

DAT is more detail-oriented (except for that section where you play around with cubes) while MCAT is mostly about critical thinking.