DAT Completed: May 8th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emitpeels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got home from the testing center and obtained the following scores....
Bio: 19
Gen Chem: 20
Organic: 21
PAT: 18
RC: 19
QR: 18

TS: 20, AA:19

Hey guys I promised a breakdown and it is definitely overdue so here it is!

Biology: In order to build up my base knowledge, I first ran through Baron’s bio and wrote out an outline. I heard Baron’s was sketchy so I then went through Kaplan Blue Book and wrote a second outline and filled any gaps with Cliff’s AP bio notes. I had downloaded Ferriah’s notes or w.e but I found them to be too in depth and unrealistic to memorize. I only used them to fill in gaps. After I had a solid foundation I went onto practice questions. I used mostly bootcamp and Qvault for this section. Bootcamp questions were a great resource, but definitely more difficult. I feel Qvault was more like the test. The questions I had were pretty random. I had a few ones that if you had studied at all you could instantly answer, and only a few that I had to mark and review. Overall this section was straightforward and I didn’t feel it was that difficult. The studying for this section was worse than actually taking this section on the test. An important reminder… If you have Qvault make sure to run through the “Unseen Questions” tab!!! I went from a 20 to a 19 in this section.

Gen Chem and Organic: I started with watching all of chad’s videos and taking notes. I wrote down my own notes in a note book and printed the outlines as a reference. Then I went through all of chad’s problems and destroyer. I felt the exam was closer to chad’s problems. Bootcamp was also good for studying. Overall, chad’s is the min you should do, destroyer will get you that 20 + score. You NEED to go through destroyer at least twice to score high on this section. I went from an 18 in gen chem to a 20, and a 16 in ochem to a 21.

PAT: Bootcamp and Qvault. Nuff said. I bought CDP but I didn’t like it at all. Paid 100$ for a tooth icon that sits on my desktop. I had a 21 on my first DAT, but went down to an 18. I feel I had a more difficult section this time around and I was extremely nervous. I ran out of time and had to guess on A LOT of problems. I wish I did better on this section. I’m scared going down in this section will come back to haunt me.

Reading: I didn’t study for this. At this point in my life, how I read is how I read. I did search and destroy the first time, the second time around I read the entire passage and then went through and answered the questions. I scored a 19 both times.

Math: I used DAT destroyer and Math destroyer. I literally saw questions from math destroyer on my exam. If you don’t use math destroyer you are shooting yourself in the foot. I am horrible at math and was able to boost from a 15 in math to an 18.

If I could go back in time to when I took my first DAT I would recommend heavy use of DAT destroyer and especially math destroyer. Those are your holy bibles. Use them! Hope this helps guys. Best of luck to those of you prepping for your test!

Though these scores are not the bee's knee's like the other high scores around here, I still wanted to donate my thoughts and experiences back to the community. I will write a breakdown shortly, but for now it is time to celebrate being done! This is an improvement from my original TS 18 and AA 18 on my first DAT take, so I will take it. Do you think these scores will at least give me a shot at an interview? Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats! How did you study for bio? And how did you find orgo and chem section as to the materials you used to study.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats. I know someone who got waitlisted with a 16 in bio at a dental school in Texas, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Hope your interviews go well.

Heck yeh buddy you'll get interviews!! please do a intense breakdown with what you used bootcamp q vault etc and your practice scores, I made similar scores on first test etc

congrats. I know someone who got waitlisted with a 16 in bio at a dental school in Texas, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Hope your interviews go well.

Woah! Did they get interviews from all three dental schools?

Hey guys I just got home from the testing center and obtained the following scores....
Bio: 19
Gen Chem: 20
Organic: 21
PAT: 18
RC: 18
QR: 18

TS: 20, AA:19

Though these scores are not the bee's knee's like the other high scores around here, I still wanted to donate my thoughts and experiences back to the community. I will write a breakdown shortly, but for now it is time to celebrate being done! This is an improvement from my original TS 18 and AA 18 on my first DAT take, so I will take it. Do you think these scores will at least give me a shot at an interview? Cheers!

Scores are not bad! Good job!

Those are good scores, i read the average for acceptance is a 19. Btw this is off topic but where is your avatar from? It looks so familiar lol.

Okay, this seems more like a reality now. We've been seeing too many AA25~26 lately and I was forming a false idea that the average DAT scores are dramatically increasing way above 25!!

Anyways, good job. I know you've been lurking around for a while, now it's time to quit SDN and enjoy your freedom!

Okay, this seems more like a reality now. We've been seeing too many AA25~26 lately and I was forming a false idea that the average DAT scores are dramatically increasing way above 25!!

Anyways, good job. I know you've been lurking around for a while, now it's time to quit SDN and enjoy your freedom!

For every one person that posts a 25 on here, there are probably like 20 people that made a 17 or 18. This isn't accurate but just trying to make a point!