DAT date and study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlebittyjk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I am new to the SDN...I have been reading the blogs daily and decided to join. I made a big decision today and would like some advice...I was planning on taking the DAT next Thursday but I just don't feel prepared. I have been studying as much as possible during the semester and pretty hard core the past 10 days but I'm not confident.

Will I still be considered an early applicant if I submit to AADSAS on June 1st, and just take the DAT during the first week of August?

Also, I would like some advice on my study plan. I currently have DAT Destroyer, Top Score, Achiever, Kaplan Bluebook with review notes, Schaum's Bio outlines, and the Barron's DAT book. Considering I will be out of town for 3 weeks over the summer and taking Physics in July, what is the best way to study and which materials are best to focus on for which subject? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i say start with the blue book, then move on to schaum's, then destroyer, and then do the practice exams to find out what you're still weak in and go back and review those.

Is the DAT destroyer good for bio? I was studying examkrackers for bio and then I tried some practice problems on DAT destroyer, and it kicked my butt! Anybody know if the bio questions on DAT destroyer are par with actual DAT bio questions? They seem harder.

I don't think you would truly be an early applicant because they wouldn't review your file until your scores get in. I am in the same boat as you- wanting to apply early but not too confident with the DAT yet. Good luck!