DAT Destroyer 2011 Bio Q#185

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental13

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The question is really simple, but I think there is an error on the answer choice.

The qeustion asks: A man with type A blood has children with a woman of type B. If both are assumed to be heterozygous, what is the probability of an AB child?

My answer was 25% and the Destroyer is saying 100% even though they clearly state that probability of an AB is 25%.

I am just double checking with you guys.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

25% chance sounds about right to me as well. It's probably just a typo, though I hope there are only a few of them since I plan on buying destroyer as well. ^_^

Good Luck with future studying!

Yeah! 25% seems right to me. i think there is some mistake in the answer. because 100% is absolutely impossible since they mentioned that both parent are heterozygous.

it says A, but right underneath it says 25% AB, the answer "A" must be from the 2010 question that was there and they never changed the letter answer

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the 2010 version and you're right, the answer is 25%. In the 2010 version, 25% is choice C and the answer is listed as C. So I guess it's just a type in the 2011 version.

*typo...lol how appropriate that I made a typo typing the word typo :D

bio 145 is the same deal also. says the answer is D because but then goes into the explanation of why the answer is E.

the chem section has some just terribly worded problems also. #111 how many grams are in 800ml of a .2M solutions of sulfuric acid?

the answer to the question they actually posed is .8L* 1019.2g/L(the density of the .2 molar solution) which is ~800g. a little off from what he was trying to ask:

if the answer is 16 grams then they must mean how many grams of acid
so .8L * .2mole/L * 96g/mole h2so4 ~~ 16g h2so4

i love and hate this book, we will see how it pays off i guess

wall, I feel exactly the same way, the wording is a bit weird on some questions which easily throws you off. but lets see what will happen, im taking the exam in june and your taking it shortly. I look forward to your breakdown, hopefully you will slaughter it.

the chem section has some just terribly worded problems also. #111 how many grams are in 800ml of a .2M solutions of sulfuric acid?

the answer to the question they actually posed is .8L* 1019.2g/L(the density of the .2 molar solution) which is ~800g. a little off from what he was trying to ask:

if the answer is 16 grams then they must mean how many grams of acid
so .8L * .2mole/L * 96g/mole h2so4 ~~ 16g h2so4

i love and hate this book, we will see how it pays off i guess

Yeah, I remember doing this few days ago. I got it right from guessing since I did not memoized how to name compounds. I just guessed since it's acid it there should be either one or two hydrongen(s) attached to SO4

Used this formula molarity= moles/L soln

we got molarity and Lsoln so I multiplied these two numbers and got moles and multiplied (moles)(MW of sulfuric acid) to get grams