DAT full length and section tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteningStrike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am going to be taking the DAT this upcoming fall and I am wondering what would be good sources of full length and section tests. I know Kaplan has full length and section tests but the online course is very expensive. What are some other sources of full length and section tests?

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Although some will disagree, I think the Achiever tests are valuable to a good DAT prep arsenal. By getting used to taking exams where you feel you are missing many of the questions and trying to push yourself to finish is great practice. I also think that Destroyer (for the sciences) and Bootcamp (PAT and RC) are a must. Check out the breakdowns on this site, but I think many of the success stories do not necessarily involve Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd shy away from Kaplan. I used a friend's old MCAT materials from Examkrackers/Princeton review, and that gave me more than enough for the basic sciences. Finding practice problems and just working them for the PAT/RC/QR is what worked well for me.

Kaplan is a waste of time and money. It was the least helpful resource I used.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll have to disagree. The kaplan online materials were pretty good, but the live course sucks.

I sat down and did a mock bootcamp full length exam by taking the tests back to back and in order. I didn't look at all my answers until the end. Also bootcamp was really helpful especially over kaplan.

I never did a full length test. I have way too much going on in my life to set aside a block of 5 hours nonstop. I think a lot of people hurt themselves by doing this. Mental stamina was not an issue for me during the real test. The adrenaline was pumping the whole time. However, when you are studying, you do not have that effect, so your mind is weary and by the time you get to PAT, let alone RC or QR you are mush.

Study one section at a time IMO

I sat down and did a mock bootcamp full length exam by taking the tests back to back and in order. I didn't look at all my answers until the end. Also bootcamp was really helpful especially over kaplan.

Thanks for the info. I think this is what I am going to do along with my concept review.

I never did a full length test. I have way too much going on in my life to set aside a block of 5 hours nonstop. I think a lot of people hurt themselves by doing this. Mental stamina was not an issue for me during the real test. The adrenaline was pumping the whole time. However, when you are studying, you do not have that effect, so your mind is weary and by the time you get to PAT, let alone RC or QR you are mush.

Study one section at a time IMO

I think everyone is different, but I HIGHLY recommend taking FL. Doing FL get you familiar with the timing and setting. A lot of people I know didnt do FL and end up running out of time, or get really tired by RC and QR.

Reactions: 1 users
I think everyone is different, but I HIGHLY recommend taking FL. Doing FL get you familiar with the timing and setting. A lot of people I know didnt do FL and end up running out of time, or get really tired by RC and QR.

I did a couple full-lengths... they help. Although chances are even if I didn't do them, my adrenaline would've carried me through the entire thing energy-wise. I was wired as soon as I started...