DAT Help....pleasssseee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrFutureDMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who scored above 20 and used the Topscore CD, did you see any trends/similarities in questions on the real DAT? I've heard that some questions actually reappear on the real DAT. Is this true?

Also to those who did exceptionally well in the Gen Chem & QR sections, what was your most effective study technique/guide. The calculations & stoichiometry questions is what really lower my score. Please help as I only have one more week before my DAT exam.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I took my DAT last Thursday morning. My friend said he had some questions that were on Kaplan's tests that appeared on the real thing. I didn't take the Kaplan course so I was debatin whether I should buy the mid-term and final from people who are selling them. I didn't take the Kaplan course so I donno whether it is true or not. You may want to ask someone who took the course and had experience with real thing :)

For the math and G chem part, I received 100 percentile on g chem and almost 100 percentile on math. I suggest you to work FAST on math! If you are stuck, just SKIP!!! I haven't really taken a real practice test other than the free diagnostic test from Kaplan so I wasn't sure about the timing. But my friend said he ran outta time on Math so I went through all the questions on math and marked the ones I wasn't sure. I had easy questions towards the end so I think my plan worked. :)
Gchem, they were relatively easy. Difficulty level was the kaplan free test. Not much calculations and conceptual stuff.. Actually I got 23 on G chem on free test cuz I made careless mistakes. My score went up drastically on the real thing cuz I took it for real. Like I said before, this is why you need a good sleep before the test. Yeah, studying is required to do well but a good sleep will DEFINITELY enhance your points by adding few more points on each test.

I am not sure about Topscore so I can't really help you there. Sorry.

Good luck on the real thing! YOu will do fine! Get a good amount of rest and healthy breakfast before the test day (my stomach was growling ~~ :) hehe..
:)