DAT in 10 days and freaking out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalkid434

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am scheduled to take the DAT in 10 days and completely freaking out andfigured I would vent to the SDN community and maybe feel better about myself.I've been studying for the DAT recurrently and feel as though I am not goingup, but rather down - especially for the biology. I scored one 20 on qvault afew days ago and now I am down to an 18! A freaking 18 on test 9 after HOURS ofreading and reviewing. I find that I forget a lot of stuff after not reviewingfor only 24 hours and keep forgetting terms.

Also, I am kind of freaking out aboutthe PAT section. I heard they really changed up the PAT section this past weekand now it is much harder. I got my first 20 on CRACK PAT only on test 10. I ama complete failure at pattern folding and angle ranking. I heard TFE is not asmuch line counting as it is 3D and now I am doooommed since that was my maintactic. I got achiever and the TFE and keyholes are a disaster. It took me 1.5hours to finish an achiever PAT exam and I got so many of the TFE and keyholeswrong and nearly all the pattern folding questions incorrect. <- if there would be acrying image, I would have employed it instead.

(I am not really using achiever for sciences, only PAT and reading. I amusing destroyer for the sciences and vault biology.)

Anyone who took the DAT this week think the PAT section was very similar toachiever PAT or 2009 ADA PAT?

For reading - I tried EVERYTHING. When I read first I burn so much time. Itried skimming and doing questions, but then I do not remember what I read wellso have to refer back to the passage on almost every question - more timeburned. Then I tried going straight to the questions and search and destroyform passage -- worked for topscore (19-21), but got harpooned on achiever --13! What would you say is the best tactic?

I am just so depressed now....

Sorry for some words being connected with other words...my keyboard has been acting weird lately and has no autocorrect setting :/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I averaged around a 23 on CDP and got a 21 on the PAT today. I kind of blame that on the fact that I had to piss SOOOO bad the whole time and thats all I was thinking about and rushed through keyhole\TFE

Angles were easier than CDP, comparable to TopScore

TFE and Keyholes were Harder than CDP more similar to achiever (not quite AS hard but you get the picture)

Cube counting was easier than CDP

Hole Punching was pretty easy just like CDP except they will give you a couple 1\3 folds which are pretty obvious (pretty sure topscore has some too? maybe try that)

Pattern Folding is like CDP, much easier than achiever

Dont freak out, just continue on your road and stick to your schedule and just go in there and take it.

I didn't study much for bio and was averaging 17-18 on Datqvault and got an 18 in bio so I was ok with that.

Never got above a 19 on OC on achiever tests or topscores and got a 25 on the real

Never got above a 18 on GC on achiever tests or topscores and got a 22 on the real..

So basically Bio is similar to Datqvault and GC and OC are MUCH easier than topscore\achiever

Thanks for the feedback...I am feeling a little better :)

As an aside, how does the 2009 ADA PAT section compare to the real DAT's TFE and Keyholes?

Also, if the real DAT's TFE and Keyholes just like the achiever or slightly easier?

Thanks again!