DAT in a few days help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dat9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So my DAT is in a couple days! Am I prepared? Less than I'd like to be. Honestly I just want to take it even if I think I'm going to do poorly. I've done all of Chads videos, read through KBB and AP cliffs twice, and did all of the Qvault tests for bio orgo and gen chem. I did 10 tests in the math destroyer timing myself and average around 22 with 8 minutes to spare. I also took a practice reading and got a 22 so I'm not really worried about those. I also did CDP (5 tests) and averaged a 21.

My Qvaults for gen chem were 17-21 mostly around 18 orgo was18-21 mostly around 19. And bio was all over the place from 15-27. At this point I have no idea what to look over. I feel like I don't know anything about anything and just get lucky sometimes. I'm going to go into the test with confidence and deep deep down I think I'll do decent enough.

As for you other posters that come on getting these crazy scores making me rethink my life what should I focus on these last few days? Any small tips to help you prepare quickly or any core concepts to really focus on?

I'll rep for the average and give you guys a breakdown of my scores after so us regular applicants won't feel as bad!

Members don't see this ad.

We're in about the same place. My test is soon and honestly I am ready right now. Review anything you're weak on and be confident, then do your best. And don't worry about the super high scores on here. Most people do terrible, and we are lucky to have the insight of a few test takers who figured it out!

For GenChem and Ochem I would say if you have access to Chad's videos DEFINITELY use that!
I took my DAT yesterday and those were SPOT on for those sections.
Also, check out DAT BootCAmp. Those tests are a very very good representation of what you will get!!

Be careful about CDP. I was averaging 20s on those exams (no less than a 19 on any) and only managed a 17 on the real DAT. So definitely be cautious on the real DAT!! (Just friendly advice)

From my experience, work super hard on the Chems. Best way to maximize TS =)
Bio is very random, so make sure you know like everything, instead of nitpicking details. (IMO)

Hope this helps!!

Yeah I just don't feel like studying anymore lol. Yesterday I studied for 9 hours and today I did a couple practice sections and did horrible so I took a 7 hour break to clear my head and have barely studied. DAT is in two days so I'm nervous but I have about 13 minutes left per practice section (so ill have around 30 mins of time to go over science) and I usually just submit the test because I don't feel like going over it since I'm lazy. But I'll go over it on the real thing for sure and hopefully catch my mistakes and do better!

I just went through all of chads orgo quizzes though! I did pretty well for the most part!

Members don't see this ad :)
Be careful about CDP. I was averaging 20s on those exams (no less than a 19 on any) and only managed a 17 on the real DAT. So definitely be cautious on the real DAT!! (Just friendly advice)

I keep hearing this, and Achiever is the most realistic section for the real PAT. I wish we could just buy Achiever PAT :mad:

I took the DAT last week. While I was practicing I was doing just okay on GC and OC (like 17s basically). I was really worried about this and 4 days before my exam I bought the Bootcamp tests. These are the most representative of the real exam. After practicing these tests (especially GC) I felt I was very ready for the actual test. I ended up getting a 20 on OC and a 24 on GC. Also, you should be fine with MATH destroyer because I only did those (and 3 achiever tests) and got a 24 on QR also. The PAT tests for CDP I was getting anywhere between 19-23 and ended up with a 19 on the real thing.