DAT in Two Weeks - Study Questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSUFutureDentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am taking the DAT on June 2nd and was wondering if you all could share some insight on my study materials - progress thus far.

For starters I took a Kaplan prep class in March and have all of that material. What concerns me is that as I go through the Kaplan quizzes and subject tests - I seem to be getting a TON wrong. Are these a good indicator of DAT success? Also, my Kaplan instructor was a senior at school and got a 28 AA - just from Kaplan and Destroyer...

Next - I have purchased the 2014 DAT destroyer. I plan on going through it intensely over the next two weeks - is the DAT destroyer going to get me into the twenty range for Science and Math?

Lastly, I have purchased Crack DAT PAT as a final supplement to the PAT. On my diagnostic Kaplan exam - I got a 17 on the PAT. I am not too worried about this section and actually find it very interesting.

So Bottom Line: I have been studying all day and all night for two weeks and still have two weeks to go. My goal Score is 20AA 21TS. Do you all think that I have enough time/material/prep to accomplish this goal?

Will also post my scores around 2pm after Test Day! Good luck to others taking the DAT - see you on the other side!

Members don't see this ad.

Can't vouch for Kaplan personally but I haven't heard anyone saying that it was particularly helpful. Your Kaplan instructor may have been able to achieve those scores with just 2 resources, but everyone's different. Based on the breakdowns as of late, DAT Bootcamp is the gold standard as a learning tool and for estimating your score on the real deal. I would definitely say implement Bootcamp into your last few days if possible. You can take the first exam for free, then buy the next 4 if need be. I would advise taking this beginning of next week after getting some practice with Destroyer so you can ballpark what your score would be and see if you need to push your date back. Good luck

Its possible. Keep up the pace and don't be discouraged when you get owned by the destroyer. Try to see why you made mistakes and learn from them. I would also consider bootcamp, you'll need more than Kaplan if you want to boost your PAT score.

It would be foolish to leave out Cliff's AP bio/Feralis (f.o.c. even!), and a couple more prep test like bootcamp or topscore and 2007/2009 version of the DAT

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get overwhelmed and stay focused!
Go through the destroyer and really find out why you are missing the questions you start missing.
DAT BOOTCAMP! Do it. You wont regret it.

Topscore, Destroyer and Feralis is enough. Make sure you go through them thoroughly. Do Destroyer questions multille times and know usefull facts from Feralis. This will bring your score up.