DAT in two weeks!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reemers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I need your help. Seriously. If you had two weeks to study for your dat but you are fairly familiar with the sciences, what would you use to study??
ty

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. This is too important of a test for you to risk not doing well. It could be a complete waste of time, effort, stress, and money.
That being said, I studied with the Kaplan online class and although I bombed my QR, it's only because I ran out of time, otherwise I felt completely ready after 3 months of studying (while working full-time and finishing up my MPH). The online class allows you to move at your own pace and there are tons of resources... but it's also pricey... good luck either way!

Hello everyone!
I need your help. Seriously. If you had two weeks to study for your dat but you are fairly familiar with the sciences, what would you use to study??
ty

It really all depends on how familiar u are with the sciences. Take a couple of practice tests and see how you do on them. See if your scores are consistent. If it is and it is where you want it to be, then i think you will be ready. Just dont jump into the test not knowing wat ur getting into. Gluck.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!
ty

I used the kaplan big book. i worked on all the practice problems the kaplan courses had online n stuff... i think it's quite doable to just take a kaplan course and study two weeks before the DAT and get 19 or above in all sections. i did. :)

but on a side note... if you have only two weeks to study... why not get off sdn and actually study for the DAT instead of asking what to use to study? ;)

I only had two weeks to study as well, i bought the color kaplan book, read everything and did all the problems and did fine on the dats. Only had to take them once and didn't want to spend the money to take a class.
You should be fine studying like assuming you understand the material and just need to memorize it.

to be honest u need to push the exam for a later date..u cant expect to do well with only 2 wks of studyin...students take a minimum of at least a month to prepare and up to 4-5 months...so cramming it wont help..id set it for a later date

I was familiar with the sciences too, so I didn't study. I made a 21aa/21ts...you'll be fine.

Two weeks is not enough for studying for the DAT, at least one month. it took me 10 weeks 8-10 hours per day.

eh... i know someone who studied for 2 wks and pulled like a 25 AA.

if you are not this kind of person (99.9999999% of ppl will not be able to do this)...2 weeks is not nearly enough.

it's already too late for this cycle. and you are way early for next cycle, so why not reschedule it and have more time to study?

if you are determined to do it in 2 weeks, and you say you are familiar with the material: i say practice tests all the way. just my opinion though.

Last edited:
If you think it can be done... and only you know yourself.... take as many practice tests as you can get your hands on.... don't underestimate RC by skipping it.. dont underestimate QR by skipping it....

And go over unfamiliar material after the test...

And study the PAT if you haven't already..takes practice.. but def doable... i studied PAt for a week straight and landed a 20.. its just practice but once you get it thats all there is to it... like riding a bike, I say.

Hello everyone!
ty

review my college notes super-quickly for a week, and then do a few practice tests. (3day interval(s) / Two or Three Practice test)

Hello everyone!
ty
hey i studied, actually "studied" real hard like 10 days before the exam. I did crack dat pat each day (1 exam each day) and went over destroyer like no other. and i got 20+ for AA and TS. if you are fairly confident about science u'll be fine. i wasn't even confident about my ochem and i got a 22. so just focus and study for 10 days and u'll be fine. maybe i got lucky or something.. i don't know how i managed to pull off 20+ after 10 days of studying

BUT.
if you aren't ready... dont' take it. don't think "if i don't do well i can take it again.." cuz that doesn't look too good and u don't want to study and be stressed out all over again
gluck

If you are familiar w/ your sciences as you say then Destroyer and Achiever are your friends!!!

It is very doable. But it depends on each person. Do you have the sciences locked because you recently took classes that are related?

To answer the question: Read Kaplan book. Destroyer for questions. Topscore and Achiever for practice tests.

good luck