DAT OCHEM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyfaceschoolkid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the real DAT are the oh questions similar to dat destroyer? For example, on the destroyer you have to go through two or three different series of reactions to get the final product. Is it like that? Or is it simple, just one reaction- give the final product?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It's like Destroyer but not as complex.

Very simplistic. Destroyer was overkill for my actual DAT Ochem section.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, that's so good to hear! I've been worrying because of dat destroyer and my test is in 4 weeks. Did you study anything that was similar to the actual DAT for ochem? I hear DAT bootcamp is good.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

In my opinion, destroyer does nothing but freak you out. I hadn't had Orgo 1 in over a year, so I touched up on some basic concepts, re-learned reactions and managed a 23 after ditching destroyer. It will obviously help you if you have the time (I ran out of time to use it to study with). But if you're anything like me, you'll love the Orgo section on the DAT because I felt it was actually (somewhat) easy.

In my opinion, destroyer does nothing but freak you out. I hadn't had Orgo 1 in over a year, so I touched up on some basic concepts, re-learned reactions and managed a 23 after ditching destroyer. It will obviously help you if you have the time (I ran out of time to use it to study with). But if you're anything like me, you'll love the Orgo section on the DAT because I felt it was actually (somewhat) easy.
I actually over-thought most problems on my exam and it hurt my score. I was too used to Destroyer's complexity. In retrospect the exam is far easier than anything you'd find in the book.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually over-thought most problems on my exam and it hurt my score. I was too used to Destroyer's complexity. In retrospect the exam is far easier than anything you'd find in the book.
So do u think it almost works against u.. Since ur treating each like destroyer ur thinkin there's more to it then it actually is?