DAT PAT and Crack PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkb53433

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDNers....this is my first time posting a thread so please help me out. I have been getting a score of 21/22 on crack DAT PAT ...should i expect a score lower than this or higher or about the same on the real DAT? i really want to get atleast a 25 on the actual test and Im having the most difficult time with angle ranking =( my eyes refuse to see 3 degrees of difference as of right now....help???

Also are the crack DAT sciences anything like the real thing???

Members don't see this ad.

most students do end up getting close to or above their PAT scores relative to their practice on crack the DAT PAT, but not all. Iwas one of the students that scored below what I was getting on the practices, but from what i hear on SDN, you will likely be on par, or above your practice scores. GL

it really depends on what you are using to test your PAT.

If you use Kaplan, expect to get a lower score on the DAT. I most of the time got 29 to 30 on the PAT using kaplan. On the real thing, i got a 25... -___-;

ESPECIALLY angle ranking.... the real DAT is harder. 3 degrees difference? nono you will see 0.5 degree difference questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
umm i dont think they would give u .5 degrees difference...

:)) yea you would wish they wouldnt do such thing. but wait until you take the real thing.

some questions have angles that are literally couple pixels different. Not so easy to see difference even with a protractor.

Train your eyes. if you wear glasses make sure its not bent in anyway.

:)) yea you would wish they wouldnt do such thing. but wait until you take the real thing.

some questions have angles that are literally couple pixels different. Not so easy to see difference even with a protractor.

Train your eyes. if you wear glasses make sure its not bent in anyway.

i disagree...unless u got the test and actually saw they gave u .5 degrees off....

i disagree...unless u got the test and actually saw they gave u .5 degrees off....

LOLLL Denial much?

if you know how the real PAT is going to be like why did you ask for help?

i took it already and telling u how it is ... -_-

heres my tip for acing the angle ranking.

When u get a problem, dont look at the angles. this will throw u off. so first look at the options given. Most, if not all options allow you to narrow down between two options. for example,

a) 4-1-2-3
b) 4-2-1-3
c) 1-3-2-4
d) 3-1-4-2

in this case, its very obvious its option a or b. from here u just compare 1 and 2.
Probably the angle different between 1 and 2 will be ridiculous. to look at the difference, first look at both very closely and then move your head back and look from far away . if that dont work, cover the top portion of the angle with your thumb for both and compare. Or you can also compare with an imaginary acute angle. this will help.

heres my tip for acing the angle ranking.

When u get a problem, dont look at the angles. this will throw u off. so first look at the options given. Most, if not all options allow you to narrow down between two options. for example,

a) 4-1-2-3
b) 4-2-1-3
c) 1-3-2-4
d) 3-1-4-2

in this case, its very obvious its option a or b. from here u just compare 1 and 2.
Probably the angle different between 1 and 2 will be ridiculous. to look at the difference, first look at both very closely and then move your head back and look from far away . if that dont work, cover the top portion of the angle with your thumb for both and compare. Or you can also compare with an imaginary acute angle. this will help.

you cannot put your thumb on the screen, good idea though but you cannot. i just called prometric and they said if they see it they will "ask you to stop"

you cannot put your thumb on the screen, good idea though but you cannot. i just called prometric and they said if they see it they will "ask you to stop"

At my testing center there was nobody walking around during the exam, so if you put your thumbs on the screen nobody will stop you. That's what I did anyway. Purely eyeing it is practically impossible.

The going with the biggest and smallest angles only work for about half of the questions. The other 7-8 you actually need to look at.

CrackPAT is the best prep resource out there for practice. It offers the most challenging questions but the pictures are all drawn really well. Keep in mind that the actual PAT looks more like Top Score's PAT section (I wrote a long post complaining about this!)

At my testing center there was nobody walking around during the exam, so if you put your thumbs on the screen nobody will stop you. That's what I did anyway. Purely eyeing it is practically impossible.

The going with the biggest and smallest angles only work for about half of the questions. The other 7-8 you actually need to look at.

CrackPAT is the best prep resource out there for practice. It offers the most challenging questions but the pictures are all drawn really well. Keep in mind that the actual PAT looks more like Top Score's PAT section (I wrote a long post complaining about this!)

At my location they have cameras directed at each test taker and the proctor is able to see every test taker on the monitor.

Also, there is no 0.5 degree difference. That guy who said there is is an idiot so don't listen to him.