DAT PAT Keyhole Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmarzouk08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_2902.JPG
    IMG_2902.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2901.JPG
    IMG_2901.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
This is from Kaplan I see... Well To start things off, I agree with you on the first one. The triangles looked identical to me when I saw that for the first time and they still do to this day. Idk what is going on there.

And the second one doesn't seem to make sense either... it looks like E should have a hole in it. This is just ridiculous cuz I struggled with Kaplan PAT for a while too, then I took the 2007 and 2009 and scored way higher on the PAT. Kaplan PAT = 18, 18, 19, 20. 2007 and 2009 PAT = 21, 21. I suggest looking into other sources to measure your performance. Take those practice exams and see how you stack up against the PAT. Plus the actual PAT from those practice exams are way different than Kaplan.

Rather than focusing on the pyramids, maybe it's better to focus on the gaps. If you focus on the 2 triangular gaps, it looks like the angle of the triangular gap is a lot smaller than the right. So the middle pyramid is slanting towards the left, though it's hard to see.

For the second one, I have no clue.

Attachments

• Keyhole.jpg
    Keyhole.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 37
Members don't see this ad :)
There are definitely poor questions on the Kaplan PAT.
The second question looks like an example of that, I wouldn't worry about it. The shape of E looks correct, but the proportions seem off. ADA 2007 and 2009 were incredibly representative, I got 89/90 on the 2009 PAT the day before my real DAT, and scored a 27 on my real DAT with 2 PAT questions that were exactly the same as on the 2009 ADA test.