DAT Retake Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmorgan28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After taking the DAT in the fall I quickly learned which weaknesses I had. My biggest method for the retake is taking more full length exams. However, I have a few questions for the pro's out there. First is QR, I am weak in math and being that it was the last section I was out of focus and quickly ran out of time. I realize this is the least important section on the DAT but I really need this number to jump up. Which programs did you use? The story problems were too long and the time was too short. Any help is appreciated!
Next is organic section, I completed Destroyer and knew every reaction and roadmap but overlooked the basics for this. For some reason I am able to master the difficult material and my mind blanks for the easy stuff: cis/trans, naming. My DAT was mostly basic questions and very little difficult questions. This is good for most but was terrible for me. What do you recomend for mastering the easy material for orgo?
I am alloting myself a month to remaster and retake the DAT. Will this be enough time?

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Try to solve problems relate to your weaknesses only. Use Odyssey, Kaplan or Schaums outlines or any Organic textbook ( Klein is pretty good). They have lots of practice problems in the areas you need.
For Math, do the same, use Math Destroyer, Kaplan or any Math textbook. Get better in the areas you were weak. Good luck.