DAT Scheduled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daneosaurus

D4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have scheduled my DAT today. It'll be on May 16. I figure I can spend this semester studying along with my classes, shadowing, and working, and have 2 weeks after exams to study only for the DAT, before summer semester starts.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck

My only suggestion is to use whats left of the winter break to make flash cards out of barons/cliffs. Unlike the other DAT subjects, biology needs some time to sink in.

Members don't see this ad :)
My only suggestion is to use whats left of the winter break to make flash cards out of barons/cliffs. Unlike the other DAT subjects, biology needs some time to sink in.
Well, my semester started yesterday. I've got orgo 2, cell bio, philosophy, and stats. IMO, pretty doable - I was considering adding A&P, but decided against because I am going to be studying for DAT throughout the semester.

That's a day after my birthday! Now that I've made this connection, I'll most likely remember it once it rolls around. I'll send happy thoughts your way come May 16th. :D

Good luck!

That's a day after my birthday! Now that I've made this connection, I'll most likely remember it once it rolls around. I'll send happy thoughts your way come May 16th. :D

Good luck!
Please do!

Can I ask how you plan to study for DAT during the semester? How many hours a night? Week? Will you be following a schedule?

I am in the same boat. Work full-time, org. 1 and bio 2, DAT scheduled for May 30. So I will be trying to juggle DAT prep with 2 courses this semester. On top of work.

I really like an 8 week DAT study plan I found on here, but I would be expanding it to 3 months because of my other responsibilities.

Just wondering if you had a plan? Thanks

Can I ask how you plan to study for DAT during the semester? How many hours a night? Week? Will you be following a schedule?
I am in the same boat. Work full-time, org. 1 and bio 2, DAT scheduled for May 30. So I will be trying to juggle DAT prep with 2 courses this semester. On top of work.
I really like an 8 week DAT study plan I found on here, but I would be expanding it to 3 months because of my other responsibilities.

Builder--just to help, I'd suggest looking at the breakdown collection in my signature. Through those breakdowns, you can see all sorts of ways that people attacked studying for the DAT. :)

Keeping a specific schedule? No - not with the time constraints that vary daily. But my goal is to spend 2-3 hours/day with 1 day off a week studying. As of now, I am doing a chapter a day of Cliffs bio, and the Princeton Review DAT book (why does no one ever mention this book? So far, I find it to be a pretty decent resource). This is on top if work, kids, and school (14 cr this semester). Mind you, this is only the 2nd week I have been doing this, but I've been hitting my goal, so just got to keep strong.

Also, I ordered DAT destroyer, Math Destroyer, organic odyssey, and purchased the bootcamp subscription. When I get further along, I will buy the achiever subscription.