DAT scores and GPA, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverbmw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I recently took the DAT a couple days ago and here are my results
22 PAT
20 READING
17 QR
19 GC
19 BIO
22 OC
20TS
19AA

Undergrad school - UCLA
My GPA is a solid 3.75 and Science Gpa is a 3.85..
I was wondering what you guys think are my chances given my scores? Throw in many volunteering experience, many of the recommended science course along with dental mission trips in my app.

The schools I am interested in are,
USC
Western
University of Nevada
UOP
NYU
Arizona
Loma Linda
TUFTS

I want to know what you guys think are my chances for these schools and your advice. I would love that!! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Do you plan on applying this cycle or next?

Hello all. I recently took the DAT a couple days ago and here are my results
22 PAT
20 READING
17 QR
19 GC
19 BIO
22 OC
20TS
19AA

Undergrad school - UCLA
My GPA is a solid 3.75 and Science Gpa is a 3.85..
I was wondering what you guys think are my chances given my scores? Throw in many volunteering experience, many of the recommended science course along with dental mission trips in my app.

The schools I am interested in are,
USC
Western
University of Nevada
UOP
NYU
Arizona
Loma Linda
TUFTS

I want to know what you guys think are my chances for these schools and your advice. I would love that!! Thank you

I have very similar stats to you!! Same DAT (AA & TS), very similar gpa (oGPA: 3.79 sGPA: 3.68) and I received interviews at Tufts and NYU. I didn't apply to any of the others on your list but I'd say you have a great chance for an interview if you're applying next cycle. If you apply this cycle it will hurt your chances a lot because we are nearing December. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
If not this cycle, you have a good chance.

Reactions: 1 user
You definitely have a chance at getting in (don't think about retaking it if you are thinking that)! Now it's a matter of what you put on your application and how you write your personal statement! I have lower stats than you and I got 4 interviews so far! I honestly think that my personal statement along with my volunteer work/commitment to dentistry is the reason why I have been successful so far. Schools don't only look at 20+ DAT scores and a high GPA, they look into EVERYTHING! Good luck with your apps! applying is the easy part…the waiting game is what sucks lol :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have very similar stats to you!! Same DAT (AA & TS), very similar gpa (oGPA: 3.79 sGPA: 3.68) and I received interviews at Tufts and NYU. I didn't apply to any of the others on your list but I'd say you have a great chance for an interview if you're applying next cycle. If you apply this cycle it will hurt your chances a lot because we are nearing December. Good Luck!
Glad to hear.. congrats!! I am hopeful applying early will help me out. I was thinking of retaking the DAT but figured I would see if i can get into the schools Im hoping for with my current scores, which I think aren't that bad, but could improve.

Looking very good, but you should probably apply to at least 10 schools to be on the safe side.